Chapter 65: 1990-1993 (A Retrospective Part 1)

Christmas 89' was memorable, so many new and precious memories made and too God was it bitter-sweet as fuck Christmas night. then came the pain, reliving all the pain of what Nikki went thru during our year apart and the sheer HELL he was in, me learning everything.... Nikki wanted me to know everything because he trusted me, he loved me and as much as it hurt, I needed to know. And taking the time just for he and I was very much needed, we were surrounded by such love and support from our family and Josephine, our precious little bee as young as she was then KNEW. And we ended up spending New Years with Mick and his family and that leads us in to 1990....

-1990-

After an amazing New Years, a good start for not only the Perry family but for our family at large. The news came that Steven Adler was at that time a month pregnant or there a bout's in February of 1990 and he and Tommy Lee had married at that point. Steven Tyler had told me that Vince was happy, but he was worried....telling me Vince had been so sad too, because they didn't yet have children of their own and that he wanted more than anything to give Vince that but he'd love him regardless of whether they would have children or not, willing to adopt....well, it turns out Vince would at last fall pregnant with his and Tyler's first child Summer of 1990 and naturally it was when Mӧtley and Aerosmith were once again amid a tour, for we co-headlined together once more and it wouldn't be the last time either. Tom and Joey and their brood, well I think they'd had four kids then.... But in the following year they'd end up having their final and our bands played the Donnington Festival, co-headlining on different days and it meant so much to have my oldest daughter see it and that my husband could see me performing.

It was busy, it was hectic, but I always made sure my husband and child came first and Nikki did much the same and we always found time for romance and I ain't just talking sex either and Nikki around this time, was looking forward to the future and he told me, "I think another year or so maybe my band could take a hiatus for a while, we've kind of tossed the idea around. It was my suggestion initially, but really, I wanna focus more on my family and support you with Aerosmith and too I've got projects in mind I can work with." To which I'd replied, "Nikki, whatever you decide to do I am behind you all the way and you put our family first always." I had reminded him, and he'd told me he wanted to have more children and that Josephine was growing up so fast, he wanted to give her special memories she'd always carry with her and that leads us into 1991......

-1991-

Christmas 1990 i should tell you, Josephine had just turned 2....2! Steven Adler had given birth to his and Tommy Lee's first child, their daughter as it turned out on October 9, 1990, and Vince Neil-Tyler was at that point in time about 6 months pregnant and their son would be born on March 14, 1991, and he was Steven in miniature form though he took more after Vince personality wise. Still a hellion, adorable I'd admit but a hellion. Ah yes, 1991....things were set into motion for Mӧtley's hiatus which would happen the following year, however before that would take place came 'Decade of Decadence' a compilation of my husband's band and their greatest hits and a new song, which Steven Adler co-wrote with Nikki, 'Primal Scream' and that meant a music video and promotional things, and a few shows took place that year for them....later on in 1991 I mean. Not too much happened Aerosmith wise, doesn't mean we didn't write or things of that nature, still my family came first whatever i had going on in my career.

Nikki and I celebrated 3 years of marriage this year....3 years with the other half of my soul, and the only one I would ever love...I could only fall more for my husband by the day and that is still very much true today. And the entire year of 1991 flew by, and we blinked and then came 92'.

-1992-

Our daughter would turn 4 on November 15 of 1992 and Nikki and I at last expanded our little family, for he'd gotten pregnant with our second daughter that we named Amara Rain Perry who was born on September 5, 1992, as it turned out. So, it was a damn good year for us all.

And I should talk about Josephine's milestones from this year before we get more into it: she started 4 k, I mean damn she started school learning to write, read etc....Nikki and I both had been reading to her since she had been born which helped her more than we could have ever imagined and too because she was surrounded by music, and a family of musicians all the time .... well, she would be a whiz at math or become one. And her little personality was Nikki's made over, with some of my traits thrown in there and I couldn't help but love that, still fucking love that of course.

My husband's band of course was then on hiatus and during fall of 92, after Amara's birth, Amara who is my twin save for her lips and eyes which she gets from Nikki.... Aerosmith would begin work in the studio for what became 'Get a Grip', I'd hesitated then starting a new project, I remember that because we had Amara and Josephine and I didn't want to put so much pressure on my husband or so I'd thought but he reminded me, "Joe, my jo-jo bear....I love you, you're not putting pressure on me...I know you put me and our children first and besides we have our family whom are more than willing to help if we need them." He was right of course, and I felt better after that.

1992, really stands out for more than just band stuff, my children, and four years of marriage....but for the fact, looking back now...this was the calm before the storm because we had no clue what was coming our way the following year....no clue that Deana would somehow be release from prison and eventually would hit us where it hurts, taking our oldest daughter from us from the one place she should have been safe, her school.

I will tell you though, Nikki and I had always taught her about strangers, to fight if she could, to go with her gut....but like I said, we never in a million years imagined she would have to do that or what she had to suffer at Deana's hands, but she was so damn brave and it would lead to Nikki and I, especially Nikki opening up to our oldest daughter Josephine. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, to watch...to feel.... EVER but we would weather the storm and what had made it all the harder though was it was Christmas season when it would happen.

Oh before I forget both Aerosmith and Mӧtley Crϋe would keep their promises to Steven Adler-Lee, he produced and co-wrote on 'Decade of Decadence' and when Aerosmith began working on 'Get A Grip' Adler produced and co-wrote songs as well and speaking of writing songs for this particular album there way of course 'Amazing' which I wrote a few years before or found the inspiration because of Nikki or rather for him and Nikki and I together would write, "Deuces Are Wild" which was really a tribute to our love story, Nikki was and IS my muse still to this day and he always will be and he says much the same of me.

The point is we were thriving, we were happy.... our family was, but again come 1993, well we would need them more than ever....

A/N: Part 1 is now done and part 2, I believe we will start with 1993 of course but more of what happens before Josephine's kidnapping.