Chapter 73: A Family Reunited Part 3

It hurts so much to think of how much my oldest daughter suffered from her traumatic kidnapping, the abuse she endured from Deana, her fears...all of it. And her nightmares, God.... That was hard, but as I have said time and again, Nikki and I loved her through it, both of us were there. December 13, 1993, into the wee hours or late into the 14th, poor Josephine was up most of the night due to her nightmares and where you will find us, is family on their way including Johnny Depp and Nikki and myself doing our best to comfort our crying daughter, who has to potty and well you'll see.

"But I don't wanna be a problem!" Josephine wails, "My feet hurt still daddy and I really gotta potty! and, and I kept you and mommy up lots!"

"Honey-sweetheart, you are NOT and could NEVER be a problem and baby I know they do; I swear to you they won't hurt so much in time. And honey, you needed mommy and I, like we told you sweet bee....it doesn't matter what time of day or night it is, we are there, and we will love you thru it." My arms wrapped around her in a hug, thanking God that I have her back with us.

"Daddy is right, now let's get you to the potty, ok?" Nikki speaks softly and our daughter turns to look at him and then practically dives in his arms, "Do you want to try and walk to the bathroom? You don't have to; we can carry you.... I..."

"I need try mommy..." She whispers cutting him off, so Nikki and I both stay right with her as she walks, slowly but before long she potties...is cleaned and back in bed. "Mommy? Daddy? I get better, right?"

"You will, no lie. In mind, body and heart. Don't overdo it with the walking, we'll just take it bit by bit." I reassured Josephine, smoothing her hair back.

"I love you Daddy and mommy, and I really love and miss everyone." Josephine practically whispers. "They bring bee-bee?" Josephine thinks to ask.

"We love you too sweet bee and god have we missed you...all of us." Nikki replies emotionally, me in much the same way. "—I am VERY sure they will bring your bee-bee; bee-bee is after all apart of the family. you want hugs and kissies?" She nods, so both my husband and I give her hugs and kisses and then I and Nikki share a kiss and I swear she smiles at our affection.

Its not too much longer before everyone arrives, Johnny Depp included....and our eyes widen at seeing how EVERYONE has brought bags of goodies, and there are so many tears and too Amara.... sweet little Amara practically runs to Nikki and me, we scoop her up and she automatically wants her sister and GOD their conversation, Josephine bursting into tears hugging her little sister tightly. We were so touched by everyone's gesture, by everyone just being there.... being FAMILY, everything they did for us, and I should mention, everyone did manage to find seats (kids included)

"I-I.... missed you sissy! So sorry I scared you and everyone!" Josephine wails, slowly rocking her and her sister back and forth. God is my heart breaking right now!

"Miss ew Moe (More), I Weawwy miss ew an' wuv ew. No cwy sissy." Amara does her best to comfort her older sister. "Fammwy (family), kissy, hugs.... hep." Amara declares.

"I missed you to Mara', I-I wanted make cookies an', a cocoa....and all I wanted was you, daddy, mommy and home."

"Ew home soon sissy." Amara wraps her little arms around her sister. "Ebby one he (here)."

"She's right Kid, and I brought something special for you...." Steven Tyler speaks up tearfully, holding up Josephine's bee-bee. "I cleaned it for you, I know how much you love it, and we all love you so much." Steven holds out Bee-Bee and hands it to Josephine who looks wide-eyed at him....

"You now must go to so much trouble Uncle Pink, but.... mommy and daddy always say to thank someone, thank you lots and lots.... i really missed bee-bee, and everyone." Josephine is now clutching her stuffed bee with one arm, her sister in another like her lifelines.

"Its no trouble when it comes to family, Josephine and you are more than welcome...." Josephine cries harder, "Aw honey, I know it hurts so much. But all of us are here anytime, ok? Can I hug you?" Josephine gives a shaky nod, and she flinches at first, my blood boils because I KNOW its cause of DEANA. But my oldest daughter does relax into it. Steven's shoulders shake, he whispers something to her and Amara, both give little nods. Turns out he was telling them both or rather reminding them both, how much we loved them.... that they were so special, still are and were so brave in their ways. And after this, the other kids came around wanting to hug Josephine, Josephine still crying even as I and Nikki alternated drying her tears and our own and then family, gave her hugs being careful with her and then at last well you will see....ah, one more thing before I tell you: Amara thru this fell asleep and Nikki and I especially didn't have the heart to move her. She wanted to be right there with her older sister....

Hugs have been given, everyone surrounding Josephine especially and our family with such love. Gifts have been set aside and all this time, Johnny has been waiting patiently, albeit emotional like the rest of us and after Nikki and I share a tearful, slow kiss.... I say lowly to my oldest daughter, wanting to make sure she will be ok with what I am about to ask, though I feel she will be....

"Sweetheart, do you feel comfortable.... ok with officially meeting Johnny and talking to him?"

Slowly she nods, her eyes a murky green so like my husband's and replies with, "Daddy, I scared...I scared when he found me.... but I hear your voice in my head, telling me to listen to my gut and I trusted him....so yes, daddy I wanna meet Mr. Johnny and talk to him. He kept promise daddy."

"And mommy and I, we're right here with you sweet bee. I love you."

"I love you too daddy, and mommy and sissy." She whispers. Nikki and I make sure we are as close to Josephine and her little sister as possible watching over both, as Johnny scoots a chair close to Josephine on the side her mother and I are not occupying. And Josephine says to him, "Thank you Mr. Johnny for helping me and getting me back to my mommy and daddy, my family. You were nice and kept your promise and did not hurt me. I don't like strangers now, strangers scare me.... but we not strangers now and I trust you."

Johnny's face shows a range of emotions, ranging from touch to surprise and what I can tell is pain from his abused past. I feel Nikki squeeze me tightly but gently, leaning against me and I oh so gladly return the gesture as Johnny answers Josephine, "You are being safe and back with your family is more than enough thanks for me little love, but you are more than welcome and you're right, we're not strangers now. I know what its like to have mean people hurt you."

"You been hurt like mean lady hurt me and mommy?"

"Yes." Quietly, "All my life.... rather like your mommy and both your parents really."

"Daddy, say it get better one day, no matter how long it takes...." Josephine sighs, weary and tired, shivering and I know it's not from the cold, it's from what she's been thru. 

"Hey, get some sleep ok kid?"

"I try Mr. Johnny..." She whispers before turning fearfully to Nikki and I whimpering, "Daddy I scared to go sleepy again.... i have scary dreams, and it's so dark and cold in my head."

"Remember what I told you? If the mean lady hurts you in your dream, like she did..." My voice cracks with emotion, "Then I am coming in there and she Ain't gonna like it."

"And I will too Josephine." Nikki says softly as he can give, he is crying, "---We'll keep you warm and safe now, from n-now on.... always. I love you; I love you so much, my brave special little girl. Sleep now, I promise we are not going anywhere and if you have nightmares, if you need us anytime...we are gonna be right here for you, right there."

Josephine falls into a fitful sleep, everyone is thanked profusely and lingers awhile till eventually night falls and it's just Nikki, me and our oldest daughter. Amara rather reluctantly went with Tommy Lee and Steven Adler, our family leaving no room for argument. A cot or cots are brought in, gifts are moved out of the way and Nikki, and I resume our original posts, Nikki in my lap sharing a kiss before our hands lay atop Josephine's, heart's heavy...heart's so full, but never have I been more grateful that our family was now complete, that piece that was missing from our family: Josephine was with us and our family reunited.

A/N: Part 3 is now done, and I just couldn't resist and there will be a part 4, so stay tuned for more coming updates!