Patrick Imagine: Hummingbird Heartbeat

Watching him for the first time was an unforgettable experience. He wore a white and blue t-shirt under a red cardigan topped off with a black fedora. Just watching the innocent features made your heartbeat speed up. Your first thought was to go to the hospital and check yourself into the cardiology wing. Obviously there was something wrong with your heart! What else could it be?

"(Y/N), Mr. Stump needs water." One of your co-workers informed you, seeing as it was your job to make sure everyone was kept happy during this interview.

"Y-Yeah, of course." You stuttered. You walked over to the cooler and pulled out a bottled water. Looking over at Patrick, you took a deep breath and advanced towards him. Every step you took felt like blocks of cement were holding you back. Patrick was talking to the interviewer and laughing about something. Hearing the sweet sounding chuckle that came from his mouth made your heart race faster. You were seriously considering calling an ambulance right now. Should your heart really need to beat this fast? It's not even like you were doing anything physical.

"Is that for me?" The sweet voice asked. Hearing it made you feel like you had just completed a marathon, completely sprinting the whole time. You looked into the unique irises of the person addressing you.

"I...Ye...You..Please call 911." You stuttered. Patrick looked at you in alarm and grabbed you by your hands, making you able to hear your heartbeat in your ears. Could he hear it too?

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" He asked. Soon a whole crowd had gathered around the two of you. Patrick took your hand and placed it over your heart, with his hand on top.

"Oh my gosh. Why is your heart beating so fast?" He asked. You didn't get a chance to answer because at that point you passed out.

To Be Continued...