INSERT 119

SATURDAY
*
*
*
MCEBISI
*
*
*
This man really makes me nervous.  Where is Khaya when I need him.  Khaya is actually the first guy I can actually say is my friend.  I’ve had friends before but I stopped having friends when a guy was suppose to be my friend betrayed me and slept with my girl.  I’ve always been carefull when it comes to having friends.  I know he is somewhere around this house but he is going to let his dad fry me alone. 
Qhawe:  Come with me (I stand up  and follow him and say a little prayer.  This man is going to kill me today, maybe he is taking me to go see my shallow grave for when he is done with me. Oh My God! This is nice.)  You can close your mouth now.  this is my man cave.
Mcebisi:  This is what I would call a man cave.  This is nice.  Fully equipped even has a baby section. WOW.  My babies are going to spend their weekends here.  (I notice him staring at me.  Oh Shit!!! Did I say that out loud? I need to keep quiet now.)
Qhawe:  I am going to pretend that I didn’t hear that.  You wanted to talk to me.
Mcebisi:  Yes but it has nothing to do with business.
Qhawe:  ok.  So I take it it’s a personal matter.
Mcebisi:  You know, I’m a very simple man. I don’t come from much but I come from a lot.  My parents raised me to be a good man and they always made sure that I had everything I needed growing up just like you do with your kids.  (he gets up from his chair and goes to the bar and pours drinks for us.  I think he can see I’m nervous. He gives me mine and down it in one go.  He takes my glass and pours me another glass of whiskey and places it in front of me.)
Qhawe:  Why are you so nervous?
Mcebisi:  me nervous, no I’m not nervous.
Qhawe:  If you say so.  I’m listening.
Mcebisi:  I know that you don’t like the fact that I’m dating your daughter and I know that you are worried about the age difference between the two of us.  I want to assure you that you have nothing to worry about and I think I have proven that.  I love her very much.  When I met her my world was complete.  I don’t see a future without her in it.  I tried to see if I can live without her, if I can have a future without her and I couldn’t see it.  I see her growing old with me.  She is the one I have been waiting for and I believe that I am the one meant for her. I can take care of.  I’m not rich, I don’t have all the money in the world, I don’t have my own business I’ve never really been interest in having one but I know I have love for her, I have loyalty for her and I will give her no reason not to trust me.  I love her, she is my life line. With that said  I came here today to ask you if I can take her home to my parents they would like to meet her and I came to ask if I can have her hand marriage.
Qhawe:  When you are a father one day and have a daughter, you will understand the way I feel.  You will want to protect her from all the guys that think they love her but they just want to play with her.  I know you are good for her and I know you will be able to take care of her.  You will have to talk to her about taking her to meet your parents and you will have to ask her to marry you and if she says then you have my blessings.  I’m not a monster Mcebisi.  I just love those kids and I want to protect them from harm and I want them to be happy that’s all.  Lina once said to me that they guy that is meant for her is the guy who will be able to stand up to me and be able to talk to me like a man.  A who would come to me first before asking her to marry him.  I’ll let you draw your own conclusion from that statement.
Mcebisi:  I understand what you saying and trust me I will never let anything hurt her not even me.  Yes I will make mistakes, yes I will act stupid at times but I would never intentionally her.  Thank you.
Qhawe:  I do trust you kid. She must never come home crying because of you.  Do we understand each other?
Mcebisi:  Yes we do.
Qhawe:  Good.  Khaya is waiting for you outside, he said something about you guys going somewhere.  You have business to take care of.
Mcebisi:  Oh yes.  Thank you very much for your time.  (I get up shaking his hand an leave. I wonder is Khaya up to now.  What business do we have to take care of)
*
*
*
KHAYA
*
*
*
Me:  You been very quiet since we left the farm. Are you ok?
Mcebisi:  Your dad is very intimidating. I’m also just thinking about something he said that Lina said to him.
Me:  how did it the talk go?
Mcebisi:  He said I should talk to Lina and if she says yes, he’ll give us his blessings.
Me:  I would say that’s a good thing.
Mcebisi:  It is a good thing.  I’m just nervouse about asking Lina.
ME:  don’t be.  She loves you very much and she will definitely say yes
Mcebisi:  What are we doing here, who lives here? (he asks as I park the car.)
Me:  come, you’ll see.  It might just cheer you up.  (we get out of the car and walk inside the block of apartments taking the elevator to the 5th floor.  I take out a key and open the door as soon as we walk in we hear moans and walk towards the bedroom.)
Mcebisi:  You seem to know your way around here, have you been here before?
ME:  I have a few times.  (I answer as I open the door to the bedroom.)
Mcebisi:  did you bring me here to watch people having sex. (he is looking at me like I’ve gone mad.) I’m kinky man but not that kinky.
Her:  OH MY GOD!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE
Me:  You have always been stiff when it came to you being on top.  Get dressed, let’s go for a ride.
Mcebisi:  So this is the business we have to take care of.  You know your parents will kill us when they find out we are acting like them.
Me:  I’m protecting my wife, they’ll understand.  They think we don’t know what they do to protect us, hence they never allow us to be around.
Guy:  what are you doing interrupting me and my girl and you are up in here having a conversation acting like there’s nothing wrong with what you are doing.
Mcebisi:  it’s not that they think we don’t know, they just don’t want us to see that side of them and they can’t know about this.  Did you hear someone say something just now.
Me:  No I didn’t.  Anyway I get what you are saying.  Miss Barbie please make it quick I don’t have all day.
Guy:  She is not going anywhere, if anything you two are leaving.
Mcebisi:  There goes that voice again and it’s very irritating.
Me:  I know right.  Listen guy, what ever your name is
Guy:  Mxolisi
Me:  I didn’t ask.  This has nothing to do with you, stay out of it if you know what’s good for you.  Zukiswa I said get dressed.  You know I hate repeating myself.
Mxolisi:  Mkhize is that you?  It is you? (Mcebisi turns and looks at this guy seriously and smiles mischeviously.)  is this about what I did to you?
Mcebisi:  you know what, I think I am going to enjoy this even more.  I never thought I’d see you again.  Small world right.  Plus Karma is a bitch.
Me:  You know this guy?
Mcebisi:  apparently I do.  This is the guy I told you about.
Me:  Oh!!! Get dressed sir.  Time is against us.  We have somewhere else to be.
Mxolisi:  I’m not going anywhere with you. (I take out my gun but I don’t point it at him)  I said get dressed
Zukiswa:  what is this all about?
Me:  good you are done, now we can go.  Hurry up wena ndoda.  In fact move your ass you can finish dressing in the car.  Let’s go.
Mcebisi:  I hope that toy of yours is licensed, mine is.
Me:  it is licensed.  I wouldn’t walk around with an unlisenced weapon unless I want to go to jail and that is not part of my plans.  I have a wife to take care of and make babies with. Plus Khanyi will kill me and bury me in a shallow grave.
Mcebisi:  I can’t wait for Lina to be wife.   I love that girl man.  She drives me crazy.  (I though your dad was going to kill me today.  I was so nervous)
Me:  Her and Lungi are the same. (we are here.)
Mcebisi:  this is your parent’s house. What are we doing here?
Me:  I know.  It has this lovely basement.  You are going to love it.  Everyone out of the car.
Zukiswa:  What are we doing here?
Mcebisi:  You ask too many questions Barbie.  You should stay quiet like your boyfriend.  (as we walk in I lead them to mom’s basement.  She will kill if she finds out about this. Oh wow, she added another electric chair nice)
Me:  have a sit guys. (I point to two electric chairs.  They sit and I cuff them using the cuffs attached to the sits) Welcome to the BASEMENT
Mcebisi:  This is your mother’s special room?  I love your mother Khaya. 
Me:  I know right.  She is crazy.  Let’s get down to business.
Mcebisi:  So Mxolisi this is your girl?  Wow, I didn’t think  she was your type but come to think of it, you don’t have a type, you sleep with anything that can open it’s legs for you.
Mxolisi:  Are you sour about me fucking your girl?  That was a long time ago dude.  Get over it.
Mcebisi:  you have it twisted my guy.  I’m over it.  got over it the day I walked out of your life wrote the both of you off.  right now I just can’t resist to have fun with you. 
Mxolisi:  oh please, you don’t have the balls to do anything to me.
Mcebisi:  How do these chairs work Khaya?  (I take one of the remotes and hand it to him)
Me:  Press the blue button.  (he presses the button and this idiot scream for dear life.)
Mcebisi:  You were saying? (he can’t answer he is still catching his breath.
Me:  Zukiswa how many times did I tell you to stay away from my wife? Does your boyfriend know you are still chasing after me and terrorising my wife?
Mxolisi:  I thought you said he was the one bothering you Zukiswa
Mcebisi:  Oh this is getting good.  Let me sit back and watch this show.  It turns out I don’t have to do anything to you, I just have to watch.  I need something to chew on.
Me:  check the cupboard there, there should be some chips in there.  ( he walks to the cupboard, takes out a packet of chips and sits back on his chair like he is watching a movie.  Eish this guy)
So you lied to him and told him that I’m the one coming after you.  How can I possibly do that when you are the one who cheated on me.
Mxolisi:  hayibo Zukiswa you said the guy cheated on you, what’s going on here.
Mcebisi:  looks  like Barbie has been telling a lot of lies.  Tell me something, how long have you been sleeping together?
Zukiswa:  it’s been three years and I cheated on him with Khaya.
Mxolisi:  but you said he was an ex that wants you back.
Zukiswa:  I lied ok.  I lied.  The fact is that I love you and I love him.  I love both of you (I just decided to press the button on my remote. She screams)
Me:  shut up, you are making noise.  I have very sensitive ears.  I don’t care about what you did, mainly because you don’t matter anymore, you are nothing to me.  You are here because you are hurting my wife and I don’t take kindly to that.  My wife is off limits Zukiswa do you understand me?
Zukiswa:  She is not good for you (she screams again, I look at Mcebisi who shrugs)
Mcebisi:  What?? She irritates me. (I just shake my head.) Mxolosi you really know how to choose them.
Mxolisi:  he is married Zukiswa, why ?
Me:  Dude stay quiet.  Zukiswa I SAID, MY WIFE IS OFF LIMITS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Zukiswa:  Khaya please don’t do this, I love you (I press the button and she screams again)
Me:  Do you know why I’m using this chair.  I don’t want you to have scars and right now you pushing my wrong buttons.  I am going to repeat myself again and for your sake I hope we like the answer you give me otherwise Mcebisi will have to do a number on you.  MY WIFE IS OFF LIMITS. STAY AWAY FROM HER.  DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Zukiswa:  I understand.
Me: Good girl.  If anything happens to her and I mean anything I will kill you.
Mxolisi:  Why Zukiswa.  We had a good thing going, why ruin it
Mcebisi:  I told you KARMA IS A BITCH.  Khaya are we done here, otherwise we’ll be late.  The girls are waiting. (Mxolisi screams again.  I look at Mcebisi.)  I couldn’t resist
Me:  Yes we are done.  I’ll get one of the guys to take them back.  Stay away from my wife Zukiswa  and stay away from me.