4.30 Strike Three - Coming Home

We arrived at home and agreed that I would come over later to pick up the adult diapers from his backpack. I hesitated a bit, but then entered through our front door.

"Hi Mom!", I shouted and quickly headed for the stairs to my room. The pain in my pelvis hit me again and I stopped. Mom came out of the kitchen with a knife in her hand.

"Hi honey! I'm so glad you're finally home. Are you alright?", she asked me and I turned around on the bottom step.

"Yeah sure", I assured her with a smile and wanted to get to my room again.

"No! Please wait a minute, Lyza", she stopped me again. She had called me by my first name after all.

"What's up?", I asked confused.

"I hope you aren't cross with me. I'm so sorry!", she said with a worried look on her face. It took me a second to figure out what she was actually referring to. It had been such a long day already.

"No, that was my fault, Mom. I pissed the bed after all", I admitted blushing. She dropped the knife on a table and came closer.

"But I don't want you to feel bad about it, hun. It was an accident after all", she told me and gave me a big hug. I was hit by mixed emotions and tears started to emerge.

"But I do feel bad about it. I'm sorry, Mom! And I'm so thankful you took care of it even though I tried to hide it from you", I explained crying. She caressed my hair.

"You really don't need to worry about me, honey. It's my job! And since I don't want you to feel bad just in case it happened again I took precautions", she told me and I rose my head.

"Precautions?"

"I think you wouldn't even have noticed, but I want to be open about it so you don't feel belittled"

"Thank you, Mom. What is it?"

"I went shopping today and bought you a waterproof mattress cover as well a waterproof bed sheet"

"Why buy both?"

"I really don't know. I guess I was a bit overenthusiastic", she giggled sheepishly.

"Thank you so much! This is great!", I said with a big smile and hugged her again. I could hear her sob in relieve and so we embraced for a while.

"I almost even bought you diapers, but then had some doubts they would have any that fit you and also realized it would have been a bit too much for a one-off. I mean after all I don't want to embarrass you, honey", she chuckled while I had a lump in my throat. I couldn't believe she had said that while I had a backpack full of diapers on my back and a wet one in my pants. I quickly regained my composure.

"Haha!", I tried to overplay my frustration.

"Oh, I hope you didn't take this down the wrong pipe. I wasn't laughing at you and of course I'd also buy you diapers if you wanted or needed them", she saw right through me and my act.

"But why would you think that...", I stuttered before her expression stopped me.

"Come on, hun. I'm not stupid"

"What do you mean?...", I asked unsure what she actually knew and felt I was leaking a bit in my diaper.

"I don't want you to lie to me, please. I am your mother. I know you wore red pants this morning and of course I also know which jeans I handed Mr. Jentz", she told me with a slightly angry expression on her face.

"Oh, you're right. My bad, I had already forgotten about it to be honest..."

"Are you serious? How could you possibly forget you had an accident?", she asked with a confused look on her face.

"Do you remember Mr. Rottenburger?"

"Yes, what does he have to do with it?"

"He actually collapsed during class..."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah, it was scary. He went unconscious and so I tried to revive him. That took quite a while..."

"Did it work?"

"Yes, my classmate Alex finished the job for me until Mr. Rottenburger finally opened his eyes. But it was so exhausting I wet myself"

"But who cares? Sounds like you saved his life!"

"Yeah, I guess we did. I still can't believe this happened. And the others reminded me that they were similarly shocked when I had passed out in class. It bothers me I scared them"

"But that wasn't your fault, hun. How do you feel? I still hope nobody saw your accident"

"Actually everyone saw it, but indeed nobody cared. Everyone cried at one point, two threw up and Alex also had a less obvious accident due to the stressful reviving. Mrs. Henry already talked with the rest of us about the incident after half the class had already been picked up by their parents due to shocks"

"If I knew I would've picked you up, too"

"Yeah I know that, but I didn't want to walk out on the others just because I had pissed my pants. The atmosphere was very special and we all hugged each other. Nobody cared about feuds anymore"

"I'm so proud of you, honey! And I'm so sorry you had to witness this horrible incident", Mom said with tears in her eyes.