5.39 Uncaught - Bill

Then everybody around me slowly started chatting with Mr. Rottenburger and each other. After a while they started hugging him including Mrs. Henry before we said our goodbyes.

"Take care! And Lyza?", he added and surprised me.

"Yeah?"

"Would you please stay another minute? I hope it's okay, Val"

"Of course, we'll wait in the park just outside the hospital, Lyz", Mrs. Henry added and I just nodded irritated before they left. A nurse got in the room, saw me and left again. I didn't really know what to think of it and smiled at him constrained.

"Hey, not so shy. Calm down and relax"

"But I don't know what you want from me, Mr. Rottenburger..."

"First of all this is private. I'm not your teacher, but just the man you saved. Hi Lyza Anderson, I'm George Rottenburger. Nice to meet you, Lyza", he told me with a wink.

"Hi George, nice to meet you, too", I played along and suddenly we both cracked up.

"See? This is a lot better, Lyza. How are you? I didn't want to ask you in front of the others"

"Oh that was nice, thanks. But I can't really tell you. I guess I'm fine..."

"But what?"

"I don't know. Every now and then I suddenly break down crying for a minute until I'm better. This is some confusing shit...oh sorry"

"You can say shit here for fucking sake", he returned and we both laughed again. He was really nice to me, but I didn't want to bother him with my little leaking problems.

"You're really nice, George"

"Nevermind. I hope you'll be better soon, but for now I think it's a good sign"

"How is that?"

"Well if you had no emotions at all after what happened I'd be worried. Yeah it might be annoying..."

"...embarrassing..."

"...and embarrassing, but it shows that your body is working on it. And I guess there will come another moment or two where you'll be overwhelmed by very strong feelings that will be hard to handle. When this happens and you don't want to talk to Mrs. Henry about it, don't hesitate to call me. It doesn't matter what time it might be. If you have somebody else to talk to then talk to them instead. It really doesn't matter. But it's important that there's someone who takes your worries seriously. Oh and don't tell me that this might be just girl's stuff. I got two daughters myself", he added laughingly and handed me some papers. I split it and found a piece of paper with a phone number and two 50 dollar bills. I was shocked and showed him the money.

"Oh you accidentally gave me money"

"No that wasn't accidental. My family is very thankful, too, and we want to reward you"

"But...no...I can't...this is so much..."

"No this isn't even close to the real value of your feat so please just take it. Do me the favor and buy yourself something nice, Lyza", he said with a lump in his throat. I looked at the two bills.

"100 bucks...wow...I have no idea what to do with it"

"You don't need to tell me about it, but please put it away", he said with a wink. I folded the bills and put it in the pocket of my jeans.

"Then please thank your family from me"

"Of course I will"

"Then I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you soon"

"I wish you the same", he said with a very honest look on his face. I couldn't resist but give him another big hug. I felt my shirt flew up my back again, but I just didn't care. Not just because we were all alone now, but especially because I felt he cared about me and my worries and was very sensitive about it. I added a kiss on the cheek before I let go of him. Then I quickly pulled my jeans with the heavy diaper up a notch and fixed my shirt. He even blushed a bit and we both chuckled before I left the room.