6.29 Game Over - Dinosaurs and Dragons

After a while they were gone long enough so we could finally head home. So I put my backpack in front of me and passed the playground. Mack followed me as wingman on my left-hand side. There were only six homes between us and the doorstep. But due to the sunny weather they featured quite some activity on the outside. A lawnmower could be heard and some kids were playing with each other while their parents were standing next to them chatting in the middle of the street. We decided to walk on the sidewalk on the right side and pass them as unsuspicious as possible. We greeted them as usual, when suddenly one woman turned around.

"Oh, hi Magnus, do you have a second?", she asked and I recognized her as the woman from the playground. Mack looked at her irritated while I quickly hid behind him.

"I...oh...yeah...sure...", he stammered unsure what it would be about.

"...well...I'm not sure if I can talk about it...here...it's about your sister...", she pussyfooted around and nodded towards me. I would've given them some space, but I couldn't ^^ Luckily Mack was aware enough of my situation.

"Don't worry about Lyza, Mrs. Jameson. She won't tell a soul", he assured her and I nodded in agreement. Mrs. Jameson eyed me suspiciously.

"Is she still having accidents?", Mrs. Jameson asked and for a long moment I lost it. I nervously assured that Mack's body and my backpack indeed covered me entirely and they did. Then I looked around if there were any reflecting things, but to no avail.

"I guess...it does happen from time to time. Why are you asking, Mrs. Jameson?", Mack asked her and I wondered the same. I panicky started sniffing for urine smell when it finally dawned on me that the woman wasn't talking about me but Mila ^^

"My boy Joey told me that she smelled like urine", the woman explained.

"What? No...", Mack doubted it.

"No?"

"You know, Mila only has accidents at night"

"Oh, just like you..."

"What?", Mack asked shocked, but she just giggled.

"I was of course talking about the past, sorry. I didn't want to embarrass you in front of your friend. However I just wanted to check if my little Joey was telling me lies"

"I don't know that for sure, though. I'll ask Mom about it and she'll contact you, Mrs. Jameson", Mack tried to quickly end this uncomfortable situation.

"Thanks a lot, Magnus. And Lyza?", she suddenly asked me and tried to look past Mack. I tried to stay as calm as possible. When she looked over I still had the backpack as a shield.

"Er...yes?"

"You're Sylvia's daughter, right?"

"That's correct, Mrs. Jameson"

"You don't have a smaller brother, do you?"

"No...?", I wondered.

"Because Joey is finally dry at night and I still got quite some diapers...", she explained and I thought to myself that she wasn't that wrong asking me about diapers ^^ But then Mack stepped in:

"We'd gladly take them", he declared and I quickly sneaked back behind his body ^^

"You? But you don't have a little brother either..."

"For Mila"

"But they're for boys", she noted confused.

"Does that make a difference at that age?", Mack wondered abashed and Mrs. Jameson giggled.

"No, that's not what I meant. But...but they feature dinosaurs and dragons and such"

"But Mila loves dragons!"

"Okay then...", Mrs. Jameson returned baffled and I imagined encountering Mila in dragon pull-ups ^^

"I'll ask my Mom about that one, too"

"Well...great...thank you!", she closed the conversation and returned her attention to the Mom of the other boy around.

"You okay?", Mack whispered to me and I nodded.

"As long as you just literally cover my bum", I added to which he chuckled. Then we quickly got going again.