5.14 Uncaught - Painted Into A Corner

"I get that, Mom, but I wouldn't rush things if I were you...and...now that we're talking about her: Do you even have new bag of spare clothes for me?...I mean...you know...because yesterday..."

"Hold on, honey, of course I got fresh clothes for you in my purse. So no need to worry about it", she interrupted me with a bright smile and pointed at her big hand-bag.

"Oh wow...", I stammered.

"So and now please show me where her office is again. Last time I came here I asked a teacher, but there was just too much on my mind to memorize anything", Mom asked and I could tell she was becoming a bit nervous.

"It's down this hallway the last door straight ahead", I said and pointed to the hallway.

"But I'd like you to show me, hun", she insisted and I could tell my ship was slowly starting to sink. I gave in and started walking towards it and Mom followed by my side. I was nervous about the diaper I wore so close to her, but stopped myself from checking it to not draw any attention from her. I still hadn't given up. I wanted her to leave right now, but didn't want to lie again.

"I know I was the one who wanted you to apologize to her, but I...I think it's too soon...too early"

"This has nothing to do with you, honey. I was already feeling bad before you confronted me about it"

"But please think about it...", I quickly threw in to slow her down a bit and come up with something.

"About what?", she returned and then I got it.

"It was only yesterday when you attacked her. I think you should give her some time before facing her again. She was scared to death after all", I declared and saw I struck a nerve. Mom stopped and looked lost.

"No I...I don't want to scare her again...HUN, I need the bathroom! Please, where's the bathroom?!", she suddenly shouted nervously and after I got what she said I pointed at it.

"Err...it's right there", I told her and she dashed inside like there was no tomorrow. I was still standing there confused. I hadn't seen Mom so rushed except for one time when we got stuck in traffic some years ago for a whole two hours. Mom had needed the toilet badly and started shouting at Dad that he should drive us home faster, but there was nothing he could've done about it. So once we had gotten off the freeway, she made him stop the car and dashed behind a container to do her business ^^

After a whole five minutes, when I had already been starting to wonder if she was okay, Mom left the restroom.

"Sorry I made you wait, honey", she said and smiled. But behind that smile I could tell she must have cried. Her face was still wet in places from washing it and pale.

"Are you okay? You look a bit pale", I asked worried.

"Yes I'm fine. Let's go!", she told me all enthusiastic and started walking further down the hallway. I followed her and took the chance to check her bum. Once I caught up with her I glanced at her crotch, too: nothing. It felt strange to check on my own mother if she had had an accident, but I was a bit worried: Back then at the freeway, though they didn't want me to know, Mom indeed had had an accident. She tried to hide it from me with the help of Dad, but I could tell by the yellowish stain and the suddenly missing panty lines on her white tight skirt after we had stopped. So I was relieved I was wrong thinking she may have had a leak again, but quickly got back on track.

"But what about what I said?...I...you...she could still be scared of you after all...", I stammered.

"I know, I know...that's why you...you go first!", she gave away her plan. This hit me out of nowhere.

"What? No..."

"Yes, you will. And I'll follow once you prepared her"

"But...no...I can't...I need to head to class!", I explained and this made her stop again.

"You know I can excuse you from class. Do you want to leave me high and dry? Please, I need you help, honey!", she begged and looked at me with a sad look on her face. I knew if I gave in I would lose both battles: her confronting the nurse and me being there luring Mrs. Osmond to give away some details I don't want Mom to hear, yet, and especially not by a third person! But I just couldn't deny her request. So I nodded, walked up to the door and knocked.