5.41 Uncaught - Back To Your Infirmary

"Calm down, girl. Everything is okay. I'll be watching you"

"I'm so sorry I threw up on the floor..."

"Don't worry about it. This actually happens a lot here, you know. Please tell me your name"

"No...what?"

"I'm Joanne and you are?"

"Lyza"

"Hi Lyza. How do you feel?"

"I feel a bit sick I guess"

"Do you think you need to throw up again?"

"I don't know sorry"

"That's okay, Lyza. I promise we will stay close to the toilet, but I need you to stand up now. You need to drink some water", she told me and helped me to my feet.

"I'm good, Joanne, I can stand alone", I uttered and noticed everything was gone: the panic, the crying and the thoughts.

"Oh, maybe you should sit back down and I'll get you a doctor!", she abruptly commanded and tried to lead me to the ground.

"What? No, I'm fine. I already told you", I returned confused.

"But your arm!", she complained in horror. I looked at my arms and saw that my left hand had been in a weird angle and that I had held the arm with my right one. I quickly let go and got my left hand moving.

"No, that's normal. I just have a lazy elbow. At least that's what I call it", I explained and chuckled.

"Wow really? Damn I was afraid you were close to a heart attack!", she said and finally let go of me.

"Sorry about that", I apologized and then went to the sink to drink some water.

"I've never seen that. It must be some kind of nerve damage. Were you born this way?"

"No, I had my arm broken as a baby and nobody must have noticed it hadn't healed properly"

"Oh that's an odd one. And it can't be fixed? Sorry if I'm asking too much, but I'm curious by nature", she giggled.

"It's okay. Well, when they eventually found out, they tried physiotherapy, but that didn't help. Then a surgeon X-rayed me again and then analyzed further to no avail"

"And what's even the problem? You seem to be able to actually move it quite well"

"It's the feeling. As long as my left arm is straight everything is working fine. But when it's bent and twisted my fingers and sometimes even the whole hand starts to feel numb", I said while showing off.

"And then you can't move your fingers anymore..."

"No, that's not correct. I still can move them, but I have zero feel in it. I can't control the power anymore if this helps you paint the picture. For example I can't open doors with it because I often get glued to the door handle", I explained and giggled abashed.

"Lyza, I'd bet our surgeon would be very interested in figuring this one out", Joanne said with a wink.

"Actually no thanks. I'm good"

"No offense, sorry. How's your stomach?"

"Oh, it's already much better, thanks Joanne!", I noticed delighted.

"So you don't need to throw up anymore?"

"No", I returned, but was deeply ashamed for the mess I had made on the floor.

"Alright, Lyza, then I'll just bring you back to your infirmary and help you change your briefs, okay?", Joanne suggested and unlocked the door. I froze on the spot while my mind started racing.

"W-What? N-No...we misunderstood...I'm...I'm not...a patient here...sorry", I stuttered and gestured with my arms. She wanted to change my briefs???