5.75 Uncaught - Mistakes

"You know what's funny, Jane? Your 'easy route' as you've called it would've actually led to something. If my daughter stayed home for no apparent reason, I would've checked on her. And if she would've been okay I would've just sat down next to her as long as necessary until she would've told me the real reason behind it", Mom explained.

"But didn't you say that Lyza had wet herself a few times recently? No offense, but I think that should've been enough...", Jane returned and Mom didn't look too amused so I cut her off quickly.

"No, Mom's not to blame for that. We actually talked a few times about it, but it was me, who still held it back..."

"Exactly!", Mom added pissed off.

"But you were saying she was only a minor. Minors should be allowed to make mistakes then. Lyza already told you she's sorry and you told her that she should've trusted you. Now the only thing that's left would be for her to promise that she'll never do it again and done", Jane carefully tried to bail me out.

"...I promise you I'll never do it again, Mom, and I'll also do chores for the next two weeks. Please!", I added and hoped for the best. I could see Mom's face softened.

"Alright, that sounds fair. But please give me some time to process it. In return you'll have to do the chores for only one week, hun, okay?"

"AWESOME! THANK YOU!", I jumped up and swung my arms around her. It felt so good finally hugging her again. I was so relieved that it was finally over that a few more tears started running down my face. Jane smiled at me satisfied.

"That's enough, honey. I have to take care of our dinner now. I totally forgot about it", Mom chuckled and let go of me. I could see she had a tear in her eye, too.

"Then I guess it's time for me to go now. My job is done here after all", Jane giggled.

"No, you wanted to see my room", I returned disappointed.

"Jane, you can stay for dinner. We're having grilled cheese steaks and salad", Mom offered her, but she declined.

"No, it's time for me to go home. Seeing you two embrace makes me miss John, you know? But of course I can still have a look at your room first, Lyza", Jane winked at me and I smiled in joy.

So we went up the stairs and I walked her around my room. Then we embraced:

"Thank you so much, Jane!"

"You're welcome"

"...though I didn't know you needed to wear diapers, too. I'm sorry..."

"No, actually I don't. It's a left-over pull-up from my first prescription in the hospital. But it was a great prop, right?", Jane laughed and left me speechless for a moment.

"You mean..."

"Yeah, sorry I bluffed you, too. After all it was easier to present than a pad", she chuckled und winked.

"Oh, that's true! But joke aside I'm actually happy your problem is not that severe"

"And I'm sorry yours is, Lyza. Stay strong!"

Jane promised to text me before Mom and me walked her out. After we said good bye to Jane, Mom got the grill and lit it up. I helped her preparing dinner as part of our arrangement. As always her meal was delicious, especially the custom sauce! We were sitting outside a while after we finished dishes and talked about various things like TV programs and Dad before I did the dishes. I found the latter very annoying, but if it helped Mom accepting my condition I was more than glad doing it. Once I was done I looked at my phone and saw a 20 minute old message from Mack:

"we finished dinner, how are you?"

"just read your msg, comin over :)", I wrote him back.

"thx! :)", Mack replied thankful while I washed my face and fixed my hair. After all the struggle of the day this was finally an encounter I was really looking forward to.