5.13 Uncaught - Bear Hug

I passed the gate and saw Paula and Trisha standing around and chatting - as always. Trisha wore her bright clothes and looked beautiful as ever. Paula on the other hand was wearing dark purple and black colors together with her - let's call it unique - haircut. Nothing indicated an impact from the day before. Had everything already been forgotten? Unsure I grabbed my bum again and overthought if I was really ready to join them like this. I turned around and looked for Mack to save me, but he was long gone.

"Hey Lyz! Come over!", I suddenly heard Trisha's voice call me. I turned back to them and saw her wave at me. I removed the hand from my bum and walked towards them.

"Hey guys...", I started before Trisha quickly threw her arms around me and held me tight. A bit too tight for my taste because I instantly lost a few more drops ^^

"Thank you so much for how brave you were yesterday!", she muttered into my shoulder. I caressed her head and looked at Paula who threw a sympathetic smile at me.

"Sorry, I tried to talk Trish out of bear hugging you right away without warning...", she winked at me. This made me chuckle.

"It's my pleasure. But Trish, I'm afraid you're messing up your make-up", I answered because I felt a wetness on my shoulder. Trisha eventually let go of me and carefully wiped her tears away trying not to smear her slap.

"Yeah, you're right. But then take care of yours, too", she returned and it took me a moment to figure out what she meant. I hadn't noticed I shed some tears, too, until she reminded me. I just wiped them away with the back of my hand.

"No need to worry, I'm not wearing any make-up, yet", I explained with a wink.

"...and still so pretty", Trisha wondered while Paula rolled with her eyes.

"You think?", I asked astonished.

"Sure sweety"

"How are you?", Paula suddenly asked me and she would have been the last one I expected to care for me if the day before hadn't happened.

"Well, I'm fine. Just a bit tired I guess...", I returned when all of the sudden I saw Mom behind her. She didn't see me and thus was walking straight to the entrance.

"Oh I'm glad..."

"Sorry, I gotta go, see you later!", I interrupted Paula with a sorry face and quickly followed Mom. What was she doing here? Did she find out about my secret already? Did I forget my sandwich? Er no, I'm sure I got it. But what then?

Within 20 seconds I had caught up on her. I checked my pants once again.

"MOM!", I shouted before she finally turned around.

"Honey! I didn't expect to see you here", she returned with a smile.

"How did you not expect me here? I go here after all"

"I know. I mean I thought I would fail to meet you before your first lesson"

"Ah, I see. No, it's your lucky day I guess. What's up, Mom?", I asked all curious now.

"Well, I wasn't coming for you, hun", Mom explained and I looked puzzled.

"What?...I don't understand..."

"I had to think about the poor nurse. I barely had any sleep at night"

"That was because I woke you up..."

"No, I got up because of the noise you made. But I hadn't been sleeping", she said and it slowly crawled up my mind that she was going to visit the nurse. Normally that wouldn't be a bad thing at all, but this happened BEFORE I would tell Mom about the extend of my wetting problems. Mrs. Osmond though didn't know I was hiding it from Mom. Oh this wouldn't end well ^^

"I'm sorry, Mom", was all I could come up with.

"Yeah, however I'm all tired because of it so I won't wait any longer, but face and apologize to her right now", she told me and took a look around. I kept thinking about the situation and came to the conclusion that the nurse wouldn't tell Mom about the two pull-up diapers she gave me and my repeated wetting without me in attendance. But even better would be if I could talk her out of it.