Poems - 41.

Chapter 41

It seemed as though, whilst Adria was ecstatic about the kiss with Sirius, that avoiding him was becoming second nature to her. She wasn't mad at him, actually the complete opposite, but both of them agreed just moments after the kiss that their friends would tease them so much that telling them wouldn't be the best, for now.

And whilst this was good when she suggested it, Adria couldn't seem to enter a room with Sirius in it, and not have herself blush furiously - and also smile widely - when she remembered their kiss, which seemed to be the only thing on her mind for the past week.

Not to mention that James was dead set on teasing both of them already because he was sure he interrupted something, he just didn't know what.

Currently, whilst avoiding Sirius was easy enough when classes weren't on, they were now and the two of them sat side by side in potions whilst Remus and James sat across from them. Professor Slughorn was going over the fifth-year curriculum, as Lily had asked him what things they would learn so she could have a head start to read up on it.

Adria frowned when Professor Slughorn finished and before he could switch topics, her hand raised in the air suddenly so that he would notice her, "Miss Hopkins, you have a question?" he asked when he saw her hand, resulting in her nodding.

"Yes, Sir, I was wondering, isn't it next year that we learn about Amortentia?" she asked, she was excited for her fifth year solely for that one potion.

"Oh no, Miss Hopkins," Slughorn shook his head, a laugh escaping his lips, "that's sixth year." He noticed the frown on her lips whilst the boys scoffed, remembering her excitement about the potion.

"I must tell you that my sixth-year class is learning of the potion today!" he beamed as though it was any consolation, "so maybe as a treat for the class, I shall allow you all to have a smell!"

Adria perked up, a wide smile on her face as she turned to Sirius excitedly, he had forgotten what Amortentia was, even though she had told him countless times what it done, or how it worked, it seemed to slip his mind.

"Seeing as Miss Hopkins brought it up, I see it only fair that your table get first smell!" Slughorn grinned, a readymade cauldron filled with the bubbling Amortentia gripped in his hand which he grabbed from another table.

Adria's smile widened, tapping her fingers on the desk excitedly when Slughorn placed down the cauldron, "why don't you tell us what you can smell, Miss Hopkins?"

She leaned forward slightly in her seat, rising slightly to catch a smell. She closed her eyes when the smell of peppermint filled her nostrils, something she only recently began to love, followed by the distinct smell of fudge, specifically fudge flies that she was obsessed with and then the refreshing smell of the air and grass after rain had fall, "I smell peppermint," she muttered, "and fudge flies," she let a laugh escape her lips whilst Remus scoffed, "and the smell of the air after it rains!"

"Excellent!" Slughorn exclaimed, clapping his hands together and pushing the potion in Sirius' direction, "Mr Black why don't you have a go, what can you smell?"

Sirius leaned over his desk, closer to Adria and to the cauldron only slightly nearer to him, he was completely confused and hadn't the faintest clue as to why he had to smell the potion seeing as he had forgotten what it done, "all I can bloody smell is Adria's perfume, merlin Ads, did you drench yourself in it?" Sirius asked, his eyebrows furrowing whilst James covered his mouth to stop his laughter from getting too loud and Remus lay his head on the desk so it wasn't that obvious that he was having a hard time keeping in his laughter.

Adria couldn't help the redness that filled her cheeks whilst her eyes widened, she looked down, biting her lip to keep the small smile off of her face as her hair fell in front of her cheeks, shielding the redness from view. She shared a look with James who was smirking widely, and glared at him.