Poems - 139.

Chapter 139

The young girl sat on the train alone, her backpack laying on the unoccupied seat just beside her, in only under an hour would she stop at the train station of the small town she was visiting, and the thought sent her smile back onto her lips, her excitement bubbling in the pit of her stomach as she turned to rummage through her backpack.

The scenery out of the window was always a favourite to the girl, something she adored for every train ride she had gotten, and merlin was it a lot. But no matter how much she boarded a train, whether a muggle train on route to towns, cities and villages, or maybe even different countries, or the Hogwarts express, her love for the train never faltered.

"Where are you off to?" asked the woman across from her, a kind smile on her lips as she looked up from her book, showing off another point of the train that she loved. She had met friends on the train, whether it be for an hour, or not, she made friends with people, communicated with them, she was never a social girl at school, apart from with her growing friendship group curtsey of the energetic Gryffindor, but outside of school, during summers, she was a whole other person.

The train was another home to her, almost every day she was on the train, with or without money, she would either train hop to her destination, or use money she had saved from jobs at the small ice cream parlour in her town, only able to get work there as her mother's best friend owns the place, a woman with bright eyes and a happy smile, who, in a way, took her in when her mother died.

"I'm going to see my boyfriend," Blair smiled softly at the woman, zipping up her bag after she had gotten out her book, "I haven't seen him since June."

"Oh, that's so romantic," the woman gushed, she wasn't an older woman, maybe in her early thirties, and a wide smile attacking her lips as she asked, "does he know?"

Blair shook her head, a small laugh tumbling from her lips as she spoke, "it's a surprise, actually."

"What's he like?" the woman asked, her head titled ever so slightly and her red painted lips widening to show her teeth. There was no doubt that the woman in front of her had money, she was an elegant beauty, with beautiful blonde hair curled to perfection falling down her back, the book she read was in a leather cover, maybe a notebook, Blair thought, and her accessories that decorated her outfit where ones shining with beauty.

"He's the sweetest boy in the world," Blair whispered, her eyes shining with adoration as she thought of her boyfriend that she couldn't wait to see, "very handsome, if I do say so myself," she giggled, watching the woman's smile widen at the blush attacking Blair's cheeks, "and funny, and so lovely, I've never been to see him before."

"You haven't?" she gasped, wide eyed, "then how did you meet?!"

"We go to the same, um," Blair thought for a moment, "boarding school, up in Scotland, we met there, actually, he was so lovely, but I must admit that we were both a little shy so he started sending me letters."

"Letters?" the woman repeated, clutching her hand over her heart, "that is so romantic!"

Blair giggled as she nodded, unzipping her bag and pulling out the large stack of letters, seeing the woman's eyes widen as she gushed, "you kept them?!"

"Of course, I read them when I miss him," Blair spoke shyly, tucking her letters back into her bag safely. It wasn't odd for her to share parts of her life with strangers, it was what she done on the train, and every stranger she met, whether she learned their name, or not, she remembered them.

Like the time not long ago when she was train hopping with Isaac, a time when she was low on money and had to save every penny, and made friends with a boy not much older than the two, who train hopped to live, with his guitar he spent time busking, and with those few extra pounds did he use to spend on food.