Ace and Aro

-Destiel_is_Life- -Dark-Angels- phantrashnumber437 here's your asexual Drarry!!

Harry and Draco were getting tired of explaining it to people. 

It was the most frustrating thing, really. 

They were both asexual and aromantic. 

They were friends. Close friends. 

Not fucking boyfriends, for fuck’s sake.

So when people looked at them and said “aw, you two are a cute couple!” Yeah, it bothered them a little. But when they replied with “oh we’re not dating,” and were met with “but then why are you two so close?” Yeah, that was annoying. 

And yes, when there was no room for Neville to sit down, Harry would move and sit on Draco’s lap so Neville could have a spot at the table. 

Yes, they would take the other’s hand so they didn’t get lost in crowds. 

Yes, when Harry was happy he hugged Draco tightly, and yes, when Draco was happy he kissed Harry’s cheek. 

Yes, they went to see movies together. 

Yes, they slept over at each other’s common rooms. 

Yes, they were close, and yes, they loved each other very much as friends. 

No, they were not a fucking couple. 

After a year of this, Draco and Harry were starting to get tired of it. 

“You two are literally the cutest couple at the school!” Parvati cried. “Gay couples are the best.”

“We’re asexual-“ Harry started. 

“-and aromantic.” Draco finished, adding to the statement they had to say every time someone thought they were together. 

“We’re really close friends-“ Harry continued. 

“-not boyfriends.” Draco grabbed Harry’s hand and together they left Parvati behind. 

After two more months, they stopped caring. When someone said they were a cute couple, Harry poked Draco and said “he is cute, isn’t he,” which was always met with a laugh from Draco. When someone asked how long they had been together, Draco replied “since we were 11,” which was either met with weird stares or an “aww”. 

“Harry, are you and Draco going to the Winter Ball together?” Hermione asked from her spot by the window. 

Harry glanced up from his coloring book. “Yeah, probably, it sounds fun.”

“I mean-“ Hermione coughed. “Together.”

“Probably,” Harry casually replied, shading with the purple pencil. “I’ll ask him, I guess.”

Hermione opened her mouth again, probably to persist the issue, when Draco stepped in the door. 

“Hey Harry, Hermione, Ron,” he greeted them. “Whatcha doin, Hare?”

“Colorin’ a cat,” the concentrated boy muttered. 

“Can I have a page?” Draco asked, childish excitement in his voice. 

“Sure!”  Harry started flipping through pages. “There’s cats, dogs, people, rabbits, food, horses-“

“I wanna cat too!”

Harry tore out a page and handed it to Draco. The blonde laid on the floor across from Harry and stole the purple from his hand.

“Hey!” Harry laughed. “Meanie.”

“Whatever,” Draco laughed. “Hey, are you goin’ to Winter Ball?”

“Mhm.”

“Wanna go with me?”

Harry laughed. “That’s funny, me and Hermione were just talking about it. Yeah, sure!”

“Cool.” Draco returned to his drawing. 

Hermione gaped. 

How are they not dating?” she muttered. 

“They’re both aro and ace, Mione,” Ron mumbled, not looking up from his Quidditch magazine. “You know that.”

“But... but they’re both, like, some of the hottest guys at this school! And it’s gone to waste!” Hermione cried. 

That got Ron to look up. “It hasn’t gone to waste, Mione. There’s thousands of attractive people in life, and looks aren’t what matters anyways. Honestly, Harry could be the ugliest boy in Hogwarts and he would still be my best mate, and he and Draco would still be friends. Just because they aren’t romantically or sexually attracted to people, doesn’t mean they’ve gone to waste. They’re not the failures.”

“Besides.” Ron turned a page. “They’re happy. Leave ‘em alone about it. You know they hate when people bug them about it.”

Hermione huffed, and Rom returned to his magazine. 

She didn’t catch the little smirk Draco had as he picked up the red pencil. 

Harry and Draco grew under these circumstances of people assuming things for a long time. 

As they grew older, they got closer and eventually moved in together, to save costs. Harry became a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, and Draco a Healer, both at Hogwarts. 

They never married, but they were never alone.