i loved you

TRIGGER WARNING

*POV 1*

I loved you.

I cried and begged and pleaded and prayed, and nothing worked.

You went out with girl after girl, ignoring my inner torment.

And each night, I cried myself to sleep because you were so close, yet so far.

And your friends would laugh at me at school and say this idiot loves you, doesn't he?

You would snort and shake your head because don't be stupid, he's a guy!

But god, I did love you.

More than the stars, the moon, the sun, the earth. You were my anchor to life.

And my friends would come to me every day, and tell me they had chatted with you, and that nothing had changed.

They weren't helpful.

**

*POV 2*

I loved you.

And I covered it with girl after girl, each one more painful than the last.

And my friends would smile sympathetically because you idiot, you love him, don't you?

And I would hang my head and say nothing.

And your friends would come up to me every day, and shove me against lockers and scream faggot and disgusting and worthless and so many others that made my head spin and my eyes water.

And every night, I carved those words in my skin, a reminder only I knew about, the bloody cuts screaming worthless and die into my skin.

And they would kick me and scream at me and tell me to kill myself, that no one loves me and I'm worthless and to just fucking die.

So I did.

I grabbed the pills my mom thought she could hide from me, and I ran to the bathroom and handful after handful went down my throat.

**

*POV 1*

I loved you.

And dammit, you left me.

I don't know why nobody seemed to care. They went on with their daily lives like nothing had happened. Your friends moved on quickly. My friends joked about it.

And I wanted to scream why don't you care, he's dead, he's fucking dead, my reason for living is gone.

But these screams stayed in my head, pounding through my skull and into the blood that flowed down the sink every night.

And my friends' smiles would fade when they finally realized I was breaking, way too late.

They would shake their head and hiss you idiot, you loved him, didn't you?

And I would scream at them, yes, I loved you, yes, yes I fucking loved you and you were fucking gone.

And I drew with my blade, leaving permanent artwork on my arms.

And I gave up.

The screams, I couldn't fucking take them.

So I silenced them with pills.

**

I loved you.

And now that I'm gone, people know.

And our friends met up at our funerals, and the last time they ever spoke to each other was with the worthless, forgotten phrase.

These two idiots, they loved each other, didn't they?