I Was Broken, And You Pieced Me Together

Question of the day: Are you going to be okay?

It's okay if you don't know.

It had been a week since Harry had broken down in front of Draco Malfoy, and not much had changed other than the fact that Draco no longer teased him.

The same could not be said for the other Slytherins.

"Fucking Golden Boy, and his little followers," Braxon, a seventh year Slytherin, mocked. Him and his friends stood between Harry and his friends and the class they were attempting to get to.

Braxon twirled his wand between his fingers. "Can't beat everyone, can you, Potter? Wanna test how long it is until your luck runs out?"

"Yours will run out after a minute," Hermione threatened.

Braxon sneered, and lifted his wand, but a red spell hit him in the chest, sending him sprawling to the ground.

"The first thing you've gotten wrong in your life, Granger. The correct answer was ten seconds."

Harry turned around to see Draco behind them, leaning against the wall, wand lazily pointing at Braxon's direction.

"He's a Slytherin!" one of Braxon's friends protested.

"He's a dick," Draco responded easily. "Get the hell out of their way. Some people actually attend classes and learn things. I understand if that's a foreign concept to you, Keagan."

Keagan blinked, but moved to the side. Ron and Hermione walked forward, seemingly confused by Draco's behavior, but taking their opportunity to leave as fast as possible.

Harry looked down at Braxon, who was groaning as he stood up.

"What the hell, Drake?" he muttered.

Draco wrinkled his nose in a way that looked far too cute. "My name is Draco. It is a beautiful name, and the name my parents chose to give me. Please never disgrace it by calling me 'Drake' or anything similar ever again."

Braxon frowned at him. "What the hell, Draco?"

"You should know better than to mess with Potter and his friends. Unexpected people step in when others are being assholes."

"Harry!" Hermione said impatiently.

Harry cast one last look back at Draco, and rushed after her.

**************************************

Harry froze when Draco sat down at the Gryffindor table for breakfast.

He didn't say anything. He just sat at the very end, a bit further away from everyone else, and started putting food on his plate.

Everyone froze, and stared at the blonde. He pretended not to notice, pouring himself some juice.

Hermione and Ron frantically whispered to each other. Harry ignored them. He stood, grabbing his plate and drink, and sat across from Draco.

Draco didn't meet his eyes, but Harry saw the small smile that graced his lips.

**************************************

That night at dinner, while Draco was talking to Hermione at the Gryffindor table, Harry sat down at the Slytherin table.

Blaise dropped his fork. Pansy's jaw dropped. Millicent gasped softly. Everyone else just stared.

"Potter, what the shit are you doing?" Pansy asked him.

Harry looked up, swallowing every nerve in his body, and spoke.