Don't Leave Me

--Prompt by LightBlueOctopi --

They specifically asked me to not put any angsty/sad endings for any of their prompts so if you see a prompt by LightBlueOctopi you know it's gonna end happy becaus they know me too well and I enjoy writing sad endings too much for my own good anyways enjoy!

Harry has had far too much to drink.

Not that Draco is counting the amount of drinks Harry has had (seven), or that he's counting how many hours Harry has been at the bar (three), or that he's watching him (he is), or that he's concerned (again, he is), but seven shots is a bit much for anyone to take.

Harry is definitely upset about something.

Draco doesn't care enough to know what it is (yes he does).

His eyes are fixed on Harry as the black-haired boy orders another shot. Even the bartender looks worried at this point.

Draco stands up, watching the bartender argue with a drunk Harry over whether he can have another drink or not.

Draco walks up next to Harry, and leans across the bar.

"I'll take him home, we know each other from school. I'll pay his tab. How much is it?"

The bartender gives him a grateful smile. "No charge, for the good deed of taking a drunk boy home before he passes out."

Draco flashes her a grin and passes her a few Muggle bills as a tip, before pulling Harry's arm over his shoulder and wrapping an arm around his waist.

"I wnnnnt anotheerr drinkk," Harry slurs, laughing slightly as they start walking outdoors.

"Maybe when you get home," Draco says, smiling as the cool breeze brushes his face.

Harry laughs drunkenly.

"Potter, why ever were you attempting to drink yourself into a coma?" Draco asks curiously.

"Wouldn't you like t' knoww," Harry laughs.

"I would."

Harry looks a bit surprised. "Whaddya know?" he asks. "Draco Malfoy is actualllyyy interesteddd in mee."

Draco feels his face flush. "I'm interested in why you were getting hammered, not you," he mutters.

"Whatverrr," Harry singsongs.

"So why were you getting drunk at seven pm on a Wednesday?"

"Tired of the nigh'mares," Harry mumbles.

Draco looks at him, surprised.

"Miss S'rius, miss Fred, miss Remus, miss Tonks, miss-"

Draco cuts him off by covering his mouth with his hand. "I get it," he says hastily. 

"S'rry." Harry looks ready to cry.

"Merlin, Potter, don't cry."

"Not g'nna cry." Harry sniffs.

"Perfect. Because we've reached your house."

"How d'ya know wherrre I live?" Harry giggles.

"Potter, you live down the street from me. You wave to me every morning when you leave for work."

"Liar," Harry mumbles. "I think you stalked me cuz you liiiike me."

Draco feels his face flush red again. "I certainly do not," he replies haughtily. "Where are your keys, Merlin Potter. You're a mess."

"I know," Harry says, a bright, stupid smile on his face. "Here they are!" he cheers, dangling them in front of Draco's face. Draco snatches them away from him and unlocks the door.

"C'mon, Potter," he mutters. "Let's get you to bed, idiot."

After several doors being opened, he finally finds Harry's bedroom and lays Harry gently on the bed.

"Goodnight Harry," he whispers, standing to leave.

"Stay," Harry mumbles.

"Potter, I live down the street. If you really need something, I'm sure you can make it there."

"Draccooo, if you don't stay, imma go back to the bar and drink more!" There's drunk defiance in Harry's eyes as he sits up.

"Why would I care?" Draco says, but he already knows he does care. He doesn't want Harry drinking himself to death. "Fine. Let me go lock your door first. I'll be right back."

He rushes to the front door, locking it and jogging back to Harry's bedroom.

"I feel like I'm taking you home to have a one night stand," Harry giggles.

"Yeah, except that's not happening and you're gonna sleep."

"Sleep with me." At Draco's horrified expression, Harry laughs. "Actually sleep, silly."

"After your last comment, I can't be too sure," Draco mutters, unable to stop the smile spreading across his face. He climbs into bed next to Harry, who smiles brightly.

"G'night Draco, love you."

"Goodnight Harry."

There's silence, and then "Say it."

"Say what?"

"Say you love me too!"

"Jesus fuck, will it make you shut up?"

"Yes."

"Fine. Love you. Happy?"

"Yep!" Harry smiles, and immediately passes out.

Draco rolls his eyes, smiling.

He falls asleep still smiling at the image in his mind of Harry's face after waking up the next morning with Draco Malfoy in his bed.