F*gg*t

WARNING: there is going to be a lot of homophobia in this chapter, and if that bothers you too much, I'm really sorry, please don't read this. Also, the word f*gg*t is going to be used a bit, and I'm going to bleep it like I just did because I absolutely hate that word. This is a warning.

Whispers sparked, just like they always did when Draco was with Harry.

"Are they gay?"

"They can't be. Who would be gay for that dork?"

"Actually, I'm more scared of the Potter kid. What a f*gg*t freak."

Draco knew how people thought of them. It was obvious they were so different. Draco wore light colors and kept quiet, doing his work and avoiding eye contact. Harry was loud and exciting, with lots of friends, wearing dark colors and lining their eyes with black, ditching school and going to parties.

But how could they be so different when they both loved Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco, and when they danced in Draco's bedroom to "Circus" by Britney Spears, and when they sang "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" at the top of their lungs and watched stupid horror movies on the couch, both of them cuddled a little too close to be called friends, but neither of them moving away?

How could they be so different when they stared at each other for hours on end, and Harry sang "Hallelujah" when Draco was upset because he knew Draco loved that song and it calmed him down, and ran his fingers through his hair while they watched movies at home, although they both denied any romantic feelings?

How could they be so different when they were so similar?

But they were different, at school. Draco was too shy and antisocial, small and pale and insignificant. Harry was so bright and loud and out there and social and amazing.

And sure, they hung out at school, but they weren't nearly as close. They hid their friendly affection for when they were alone.

But when people called Harry that name, f*gg*t, it bugged Draco. Although Harry was definitely more social, he still scared people with his piercings and his black hair and his bright, bright eyes.

And people didn't like him.

Draco tensed as Harry's hand brushed his in an attempt to calm him down.

A girl whispered something to her friend, who laughed loudly.

"Care to share that thought?" Harry growled.

The girl shook her head, looking terrified.

The guy next to him pushed Harry back. "Fuck off my girlfriend, mate. No one wants your f*gg*t ass anywhere near us, you fucking freak."

Harry looked stunned. He couldn't believe someone had actually called him that. His eyes went wide, and he seemed to curl inwards on himself as though punched in the gut.

Now, there were a few things about Draco and Harry that no one knew. One, Harry hated violence. Fighting, screaming, hitting, anything.

Two, Draco, despite what was about to happen, was a precious cinnamon roll, and would rarely hurt anyone because he knew Harry hated it.

Three, Draco was much stronger than Harry, despite outward appearances, and actually had a hotter temper.

Four, Draco hated the word f*gg*t.

Draco saw red. He flew toward the boy, and slammed him so hard against the wall he saw his head bounce off.

He kept one forearm against the boy's throat, successfully pinning him against the wall, and the other landed a swift punch to the mouth.

"You ever fucking call him that again, and I'll fucking murder you!" he screamed, pounding a fist into the boy's head.

"Draco! Draco!"

Harry's voice brought Draco back. He snapped away from the boy, wrapping Harry in his arms.

"He hurt you," Draco hissed.

"I know," Harry whispered. "I know."

I think this will be a chapter in Innocents Be Damned.

Fun fact: the word f*gg*t derives from cigarettes being called f*gg*ts. Using this idea, people used to roll gay people in blankets and carpets and set them on fire, like a cigarette.

:))

Anyways thanks for reading <3