2. Pragma

Pragma: a practical love that is driven by the head, not the heart, and by rational decisions about who they would fit with best

Song: Perfect Match by A* Teens

"You conversate baby, I talk trash, but even so we're a perfect match. We're like night and day, white and black, but what we have is a perfect match"

 Draco has decided he needs to find himself a boyfriend, and fast. His parents want him married when he gets out of school, and given that it's eighth year and he's single, it's not going well.

He needs someone who he could spend the rest of his life with, who would be his perfect match, an ideal partner.

Blaise is far too extreme. He's a very stereotypical gay boy, with his loud, sarcastic voice and flamboyant attitude.

Seamus and Dean are taken.

Theo is straight.

Ron is... Ron.

Neville is possible, but he is also very shy and Draco needs someone who can argue with him.

Harry is...

Perfect.

Aesthetically, he is very pleasing to look at. His messy black hair seems to fall perfectly so it looks attractive rather than stupid. His green eyes are intriguing to look at. His glasses are cute. His body is fantastic. 

He is also fairly smart. Not as smart as Hermione, perhaps, but he thinks things through fairly well, and can solve problems thrown at him.

He also can refute anything Draco says, which is a nice change. He isn't meek or shy or annoyingly self-conscious like some people.

(I would like to note here before I continue that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being shy or self-conscious or anything, I am 100% writing this from a Draco Malfoy point of view and these are not my own personal opinions. Each of you is beautiful and perfect in your own right)

He's also bisexual and single, which is perfect.

He's the perfect boyfriend for Draco.

Draco nods to himself, before sitting down at the Gryffindor table.

"Hello Harry," he says calmly to the stuttering boy. "May I ask you a question?"

"I suppose," Harry replies, confused.

"Would you like to accompany me to Hogsmeade on a date after lunch?"

Harry's eyebrows shoot up. "Erm, why?"

"I consider you a potential boyfriend and I want to know if you're interested," Draco responds calmly.

Harry's mouth opens a few times before he manages to actually speak.

"Why didn't you just ask me to be your boyfriend then?" he asks in a teasing voice.

"I was under the assumption that most people go on dates before they consider themselves a couple," Draco responds. Maybe this will be easier than he thought.

"We've never been 'most people', Draco," Harry says, a slow smirk spreading across his face. Ron is making small squeaking noises. Both boys ignore him.

"I suppose not. Well then, Harry, will you be my boyfriend?"

"Hm," Harry says, pretending to think about it. "You'll have to take me on a date first."

Draco throws his hands in the air in false exasperation. "That's what I've been trying to do, Potter."

Harry grins. "I know. I'm trying to make it hard for you."

Draco grins. "What if I just skip to the part where I kiss you?"

"Ron would probably pass out," Harry replies calmly.

"Is that supposed to deter me?"

"No. It's supposed to distract you while I attempt to come up with more smooth replies while I internally freak out because I have a huge crush on you and I can't believe this is actually happening," Harry says matter-of-factly.

Draco throws back his head in laughter. "You are one of a kind, Potter."

"Will I make the perfect boyfriend?" Harry asks, leaning forward slightly in anticipation.

"I sure hope so," Draco replies. 

**********************************

*5 months later*

Draco laughs as Harry makes an attempt to not move as a butterfly settles on his nose. He has gone cross-eyes, focusing on the tiny insect as it flutters its wings.

"You look cute," he says.

Harry flips him off, and Draco laughs harder as the butterfly flies away.

"Asshole," Harry mutters, before joining in his laughter.

"You're perfect, Harry Potter," Draco says breathlessly, smiling at him.

Harry flashes him the silver ring on his finger. "Will I be the perfect husband?"

"I sure hope so."