The Double Meaning of Skater

Oh wow I have 1k followers thanks

--Part two to Bubblegum and Blondes--

After chatting with Draco and his friends for a few minutes, Harry dashed off to his competition, which he had almost forgotten about after talking to Draco.

He quickly put on his all-black outfit and laced up his skates.

"Our next competitor, number fourteen, Harry Potter!"

Harry smiled as he smoothly skated across the ice, hearing the music start.

The lasting taste of bubblegum remained in his mouth, even though he had to spit it out before he got on the ice. He smiled slightly as he remembered Draco placing the stick of gum between his teeth, grinning at him.

He twirled expertly, gliding across the ice like the professional he was, feeling the crisp air, the smooth ice, the lingering taste of bubblegum.

He finished his routine with a quick spin, lifting his arms in the air and slowing to a stop, facing the judges with a smile.

"Our three judges will now discuss and present their scores."

Harry skated off the ice, shaking slightly. He always let the anxiety really hit him after the competitions.

"Harry, you were amazing!" Hermione shouted as she rushed up to him and hugged him tightly.

He blushed slightly, accepting her hug and then Ron's. "Thank you. Let's hope the judges think so too."

"They will," Ron said firmly.

"The judges have decided their results! Minerva gives Mr. Potter a ten!"

Harry almost fell over. A ten! He was already off to a good start.

"Severus gives Mr. Potter a seven!"

Harry's eyebrows rose. A seven was huge for Severus. He rarely handed out anything above a five.

"And Flitwick has given Mr. Potter a nine! Mr. Potter is securely placed in second place underneath Mr. Diggory! With only three participants left, it looks as though Mr. Potter, Mr. Diggory, and Mr. Longbottom have a good chance of moving on to finals, but they can be bumped off. Remember, you must place top three to go to our finals! Good luck to all participants. And our next competitor, number fifteen, Fleur Delacour!"

Harry sighed happily, while Ron and Hermione cheered.

"Guys, it's not certain I'm in yet," he laughed. "I could get bumped off very easily."

Hermione opened her mouth to reply, but then Cedric Diggory came up, hugging Harry tightly.

"I truly hope you get to go to finals," he said seriously. "You've been an incredible competitor all season, and I enjoy competing with you. Good luck!"

Harry smiled, hugging him back. "Good luck to you, here's hoping Fleur doesn't bump us both down," he laughed.

Cedric nodded, grinning, and sat with them to watch Fleur's routine.

"Our three judges will now discuss and present their scores."

Fleur slid gracefully off the ice, smiling brightly at them. "'Arry! Cedric! Best of luck to you both!"

They smiled in return, and wished her the same.

"The judges have decided their results! Minerva gives Ms. Delacour a ten!"

Harry's grin slipped off his face.

"Severus gives Ms. Delacour an eight!"

Harry tensed. Cedric held his hand tightly, the both of them waiting for the final verdict. Harry had gotten a 26 as his final score, and Cedric had gotten a 28. But if Fleur's next score wasn't a seven or lower, Harry would be bumped down to third place.