Going Away Gift 5

Harry has always been frustrated with himself.

Why is he not good enough to deserve a soulmate? What had he done?

But despite all his questions, his wrists remained blank, devoid of his soulmate's first or last words to him.

Him and his friends had theorized for months. Maybe it was like a wild card, and he got to choose. Maybe he didn't have a soulmate. Maybe it would appear later.

Nevertheless, Harry was frustrated.

He was currently leaving a restaurant, tired and annoyed, when he bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" he cried.

 The blonde simply looked at him with wide, shocked eyes, and his expression melted into a grin.

He lifted up his wrist to reveal the words Oh, I'm sorry!

"Sorry, I'm not your soulmate," Harry says sadly. "My arms are blank. I don't have a soulmate."

If possible, the blonde's grey eyes got wider. He pulled out his phone, typing fast and quickly showed it to Harry.

I'm mute.

Harry's lips parted in shock.

"You-you're my soulmate?" he asked, shock laced in his whisper.

The blonde shrugged and smiled shyly. Harry breathed out a breath he hadn't known he was holding.

"Oh thank god, I was so worried I was broken!" he cried, sweeping the boy up in a hug.

The boy started typing as soon as Harry let him go, and showed his phone to Harry.

You don't mind that I'm a boy? Or mute?

Harry laughed. "I've known I'm gay for a while. And there's nothing wrong with being mute."

This time the blonde swept him up in a happy hug, beaming.

My name's Draco. Do you know sign language?

Harry shook his head as Draco lowered his phone screen. "I'm Harry, and I'll learn it for you."

The blonde smiled brighter, and wrapped Harry in another hug.