I Do

For context, all the eighth years share dorms.

Draco almost falls out of the fucking bed when he sees Harry Potter standing at the foot of his bed.

"Potter?" Draco murmurs sleepily. "What the fuck?"

"D-Draco I know it's really late and I'm really sorry... Fuck, I'm sorry I don't even know why I thought it would be a good decision to wake you... Never mind, just go back to sleep, I'm sorry."

Draco sits up quickly as Harry starts to walk away.

"H-Harry?" The name feels foreign on his tongue. "What's wrong, what's going on?"

Harry's eyes are full of tears as he turns around.

"I just had a nightmare that you d-died and I needed to make s-sure that you were alive."

Draco isn't sure what possesses him to do so, but he pushes aside his covers and stands, walking towards Harry and hugging him tightly.

Harry doesn't question it either, maybe it's the magic of being awake at 3am, but both boys consider this completely normal, despite their previous hatred of each other.

"I'm sorry I woke you up," Harry murmurs into Draco's shoulder.

"Don't be sorry," Draco replies quietly. "Everyone has nightmares."

Harry is still shaking, so Draco gently takes his hand and guides him to his bed. They both lay down, and Draco pulls his covers over them.

Draco faces Harry, who's face is inches away from his own. Draco realizes he's not wearing his glasses.

"What happened in the nightmare?" He murmurs.

"I was laying in bed and I looked over and Voldemort was standing over your bed with his wand glowing green and-" Harry stops, swallowing hard and sighing. "Sorry I woke you up, it's stupid."

Draco wraps his arms around the other boy before he can move.

"Harry, seriously, it's alright," he whispers. Harry relaxes slightly. "Why me, of all people? You hate me."

Harry snorts. "I'm letting you cuddle me right now, this is not classified as hate."

Draco frowns, and retracts his arms.

"That didn't mean stop cuddling me, you idiot," Harry mutters into the dark, a smile evident in his voice.

Draco laughs softly, and instead of wrapping his arms around him, he simply laces the fingers of his right hand with Harry's.

"I don't know why it was you. Maybe it's just because you're this constant in my life. Ever since I was eleven, you were in my life, never changing, always the same person, and even though you were constantly an asshole, it was still one of the few constants in my life. Maybe now that you're changing, now that you're a better person- don't give me that look- now that you're a better person, the change triggered something in my mind."

"How insightful of you," Draco murmured. "I was gonna say it's because you're gay for me."

They both laugh softly, and Harry quietly murmurs, "That too."

Draco stills. "Wait really? I was only joking."

Harry doesn't respond. Draco can hear his own heartbeat.

"Harry, do you really like me?"

Harry doesn't respond again. Through the darkness, Draco can see his wide, frightened eyes.

"I like you."

The words tumble off Draco's lips before he can stop them, and then they're out in the open, and Harry is staring at him with those wide green eyes.

"No you don't."

It's not accusatory, not certain, but questioning.

"I do," Draco replies softly. 

"You do?"

"I do."

----------------------

"And do you, Draco Lucius Malfoy, take Harry to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

Harry's eyes are glinting with amusement. "You do?"

"I do."