2

I woke up and stretched before putting on different clothes. I walked out of the tent and saw Rick coming out of the tent he was sleeping in which is, of course, his wife's and sons tent.

"Morning." He greeted, smiling.

"Morning." I responded.

I was about to go down to the water when I heard Carl and Sophia screaming. I ran to where the yelling came from. Carl and Sophia came running towards their mothers. Me, Rick and Shane went farther and saw a walker eating a dead deer. It must've heard us because it stood up and came towards us. It soon got decapitated and it's body fell to the ground.

"That's the first one we had up here." Dale said. "They never came this far up the mountain." He added. We then heard rustling coming from the woods and Daryl came out.

"Son of a bitch, that was my deer!" Daryl shouted. He kicked the walker after walking around the deer a couple times.

"That won't do anything Daryl." Dale said, making Daryl look at him.

"What do you know old man?" Daryl said. "We can cut around the bite." He added.

"Daryl, you know we can't risk it." I said. Daryl looked at me before speaking.

"I got a dozen or so squirrel, that's going to have to do I guess." He replied, when the walker head started moving scaring some people. "Oh come on people." Daryl said, shooting the walkers head with his crossbow. We all then walked back to the camp.

"Daryl slow down a bit, I have to tell you something." Shane said. "About Merle." He added. Daryl stopped walking and turned around.

"What about him?" Daryl asked. I was getting worried about how Daryl will act when he learns about Merle.

"There's no easier way to do this than to just tell him." Rick said.

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl asked.

"Rick Grimes." Rick replied.

"Well, Rick Grimes, what's this about my brother?" Daryl asked, wanting to know the answer.

"Your brother was a danger to the group and I handcuffed him to a piece metal on the roof of the department store." Rick told him.

"You mean you handcuffed my brother on the roof and fucking left him there?!" Daryl asked, getting closer to Rick.

"He was going to get us killed!" Rick said.

Daryl threw the squirrels onto the ground and started to pull his knife out when T-Dog intervened.

"Watch that knife Daryl!" T-Dog said.

Daryl went to attack Rick with the knife but Shane got him in a choke hold.

"Okay okay." Shane said, still holding Daryl.

"Choke holds are illegal." Daryl said, trying to get lose.

"Then file a complaint." Shane said.

"Do you think we can discuss this calmly?" Rick asked. I'm hoping that Daryl will calm down and not hurt anyone.

"Fine." Daryl responded. Shane then let go of him and they both stood back up.

"What I did was not on a whim, I was trying to protect the group." Rick said. "Your brother was shooting from the roof and he could've attracted more walkers to us." He added. That sounded like something Merle would do.

"Daryl, it's not Ricks fault. I had the key and I went to unlock the handcuffs and I fell and they fell down a drain." T-Dog said.

"If you think that'll make me feel better it doesn't." Daryl said.

"Maybe this will then. I chained up the door leading to the roof with a padlock so those geeks couldn't get through." T-Dog told him.

After a few more arguments, Daryl said that he's going to go get him. Rick said he'll go and went to say bye to his wife and kid. I walked up to Daryl to talk to him.

"Daryl." I said, making him look at me. "Please be safe." I said. Daryl turns soft for me since I'm his younger sister but when he's around the others, he hardens up again.

"Maddie, you know me." Daryl said. "I know what I'm doing." He assured.

"I can't help but worry." I said. "If you don't find Merle and you don't come back, I don't know what I'll do." I said. "You're the brother I'm more close to and you were always there when I needed someone, especially after what happened before." I added.

He pulled me into a hug and assured me that he would be okay. He then walked away from me.

"Are you really going risk your life and everyone else's to go save that douche bag?" Shane asked.

"You better choose your words more wisely." Daryl said, walking past him.

"I did, that's exactly what he is." Shane said. "He wouldn't give water to someone that is dying of thirst." He added.

"I can't leave a man on the roof where he could die from thirst and heat exhaustion, we're going to get him and while we're at it I'm getting the bag of guns that I dropped in the street in Atlanta." Rick said.

"What guns?" Shane asked. Everyone was listening to the conversation by now.

"I cleaned out the station before leaving, it's filled with guns and ammo and I know we need more of them." Rick replied.

He's right, if Merle shot the gun that means he wasted ammo and we also need more guns to defend the camp.

"So you're going to risk everyone's life for a bag of guns and Merle?" Lori asked.

"We have to get that bag Lori, it'll help us and I have to get Daryls brother since I left him there." Rick answered. After a few minutes, they left to go to Atlanta.