51

It's been two weeks since more people joined and started helping around the prison like rebuilding the fence and helping with the crops. We buried Andrea two weeks ago and mourned her death. Everyone knows about me and Rick even Carl. He didn't like it at first but now he doesn't care. I was also starting to feel sick. I've been throwing up for the past few days and I was on my way to talk to Hershel.

"Hey Hershel, can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Of course Maddie." He replied. We went to his cell and sat down on his bed. "What is it that you need to talk to me about?" He asked, curious.

"Well, I've been feeling sick and I've been throwing up for a few days." I told him.

"Did you and Rick do something?" He asked, referring to the deed.

"Yeah a few weeks ago, why?" I asked.

"Go take a test because you might be pregnant." He said.

"Okay." I said, standing up and grabbing a pregnancy test. I walked to the bathroom and did my business and waited for the result from the test. I was nervous to be honest because I don't know if I'm ready to be a mother. After a few minutes, I looked at the stick and it said that I was pregnant. I put my hand over my mouth before walking back to Hershel.

"What does it say?" He asked.

"It's positive." I told him.

"Congratulations Maddie." He said, smiling. "Now go tell Rick because he should know." He said. I nodded my head and went to find Rick to give him the news. I saw him talking to Tyreese at the gate.

"Sorry to interrupt but Rick I need to talk to you." I said. He nodded and we walked somewhere where we'll be alone.

"What is it Maddie?" He asked, curious. I was scared and nervous to tell him the news but I knew he had to know.

"Well Rick I'm uhhh..." I began. He waited for me to tell him. "I'm pregnant." I announced. He looked at me, shocked to hear the news which I didn't know if that was good or bad. A smile then started to form on his face.

"Really?" He asked, being sure he heard it right. I nodded my head with a slight smile. He engulfed me in a hug and kissed my lips repeatedly.

"I take it you're happy." I said, chuckling.

"Of course I am Maddie." He said, smiling widely.

"Now I have to tell Daryl the news." I said. "But for some reason I'm scared." I added, chuckling.

"I'll go with you to tell him." Rick said. We then started looking for Daryl until we saw him working under a car hood. "Daryl, we need to tell you something." Rick said, making Daryl look up at us.

"What is it?" He asked. I took a deep breath before I spoke.

"I'm pregnant." I told him. He had a look on his face that I didn't know if he was happy or mad. Until he smiled which I was relieved to see.

 Until he smiled which I was relieved to see

"Okay congrats." He said. "Maddie, that means you can't be working all the time." He added. I somehow knew he would say that. "If you have to do any heavy lifting you get me, Rick or someone else to do it for you." He said.

"Okay I will." I said, hugging him. He hugged me back and moved his hand up and down my back.

"I knew this day would come when my little sister becomes a mother and Rick I trust you so don't hurt her." Daryl said.

"I won't hurt her and if I do, you have my permission to punch me across the face." Rick said.

"I'll hold you to that, now go you two love birds. I have to finish up with this car." Daryl said. Me and Rick walked away while holding hands and went inside.

"I shouldn't have been scared to tell him." I said, sitting at the table with Rick sitting beside me.

"It was normal to be scared to tell your brother especially since he's protective of you." He said.

"And he accepts you as my boyfriend, which surprised me at first." I said. "You know since what happened to me before." I added.

"Yeah but just know I won't ever do anything like that to you, you mean too much to me." He said, pulling against his chest.

We then started helping the others with what needed to be done. I was with Tyreese doing something while getting to know each other.

"Tyreese, what did you do before the apocalypse?" I asked.

"I was an NFL player (A/N: I looked it up)." He said. "What did you do?" He asked.

"I worked part-time at a grocery store and when I wasn't working, I was hunting with my brother." I answered.

"Did you kill anything?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied. "I killed a few deer, some squirrels, and I think I killed a raccoon." I said.

"Wow you must be a good shot then." He said.

"I guess you can say that." I said, chuckling.

"Did you always know how to shoot?" He asked.

"No my brother taught me." I said. "Me and my brother was hunting when all this happened. Someone walked up and tried to bite Daryl but I killed him, I thought I killed a human being but when we looked at him he had a bite mark on his neck and he had blood around his mouth and his skin didn't have any color." I said.

"That's when you realized the world ended?" He continued asking.

"We kinda did but we decided not to wait and see. So we made our way to this quarry that Daryl took me to sometimes." I said. "That's where I met most of my group but I didn't meet Maggie, Hershel and Beth until we arrived at a farm." I said.

"Wow you traveled a lot." He said.

"I did say I've always wanted to travel." I said, laughing. He laughed along with me and we continued working. "Tyreese, can you lift this up for me? I'm not supposed to." I said.

"Okay but can I ask why?" Tyreese asked, picking the box up.

"Well I'm pregnant." I told him.

"Really? Congratulations Maddie." He said, smiling.

"Thank you." I said, then lifted the small box that wasn't heavy.