56

"Daryl, please be careful out there." I said, walking up to him while he was putting a few things on the back of a truck.

"I'll be careful Maddie." He said, pulling me into a hug.

"I wish I could go with you." I said.

"You can't go out there because you're pregnant and I don't want anything happening to my sister and my niece or nephew." He said.

"I love you Daryl." I said.

"I love you too lil sis." He said, shutting the tailgate. He walked away and I saw Beth talking to her boyfriend. They finished talking and she started walking away from him.

"Aren't you going to say goodbye?!" He asked her.

"Nope." She said, continuing walking away.

"It's a damn romance novel." Daryl said, walking to the back of the truck. I laughed before walking away. I saw Hershel and Rick at the garden and I walked down there to just watch since Rick doesn't want me to garden because of me being pregnant.

"Hi." I said, smiling.

"Hi Maddie." Hershel said, smiling back at me.

"Hey babe." Rick said. That's the first time he's called me that and to be honest I kinda liked it.

"What are you two doing?" I asked, curious.

"I was just telling Rick that we may not get good crops since these are in the shade and they won't get that much sunshine." Hershel said.

"But at least we'll have some." I said. They nodded in agreement. "So Hershel, how you liking the new leg?" I asked.

"Better than being on those crutches again." He said.

"I know the pain of those. I once broke my leg from falling out of a tree and I had to use them for awhile until the doctor finally put me in a walking cast." I said, chuckling.

"Why were you in a tree?" Hershel asked.

"I was hunting and I didn't want the deer or any other animals that was around to see me. But then I fell down, landed on my leg and I heard and felt my leg break. I had to make my way back to Daryl who went to the house before me." I said.

"Did you climb back up a tree after that?" Rick asked.

"Nope. I was too scared to." I replied, laughing.

After our little chat, Hershel went back to the prison to do what he wanted or needed to do leaving me and Rick alone.

"You're growing bigger babe, I can't wait to meet our bundle of joy." He said, putting his hand on my belly.

"I can't wait either. I was talking to Karen earlier and I told her I was nervous but she said that everyone is nervous for their first child." I told him. "Were you nervous when Lori was pregnant with Carl?" I asked.

"Yeah I was and I hoped I'll be a great father." He said.

"And you are indeed a great father Rick." I said, wrapping my arms around him.

Before he was about to reply, we heard a whistle. Me and Rick ran over to the gate and opened the gate for Michonne then closed it when she came through.

"Nice to see you again." Rick said.

"Nice to see you too." She said. "I think I hit the jackpot." She said, pulling out comics.

"What? No way." Carl said, smiling. "Thank you." He said.

"You're welcome and I found this." She said, pulling out a shaver and handed it to Rick. "Your face is losing a lot." She said, causing me to laugh. Rick chuckled and Michonne laughed. We heard Daryls motorcycle coming this way.

"Well look who's back." Daryl said.

"Didn't find him." She said.

"Glad to see you're in one piece." Daryl replied.

"I'm thinking of looking over at Macon." Michonne said.

"What if he's not there?" I asked.

"It'll be worth a shot." Michonne said.

"Okay but please be careful Michonne." I said. She took me by surprise when she hugged me but I did hug her back.

"I'll be careful Maddie." She said, pulling away.

"I'm going to go check the big spot, the one I was talking about." Daryl said.

"I have to check the snares and make sure we don't lose what we catch to the walkers." Rick said.

"I'll go." Michonne said.

"But you just got back." Carl said, petting the horse.

"And I'll be back." Michonne said, walking away.

Me and Rick went and opened the gate for them to get through. After closing the gate again, Rick went to the horse stable while I went inside to help anyone that needs it.