64

Carol was letting more people in since they haven't been feeling well and I heard one of them say that it was just allergies. Carol didn't want to take the chance so she told her she had go in here. She closed the door and soon it opened again, making me confused. I stood up from my bed and walked to the cell door and looked outside and saw Lizzie walking in then hugged Carol again. Carol closed the door and walked away and Lizzie looked scared but who could blame her.

"Hey Lizzie." I said, smiling. "Are you not feeling well?" I asked, already knowing the answer because why else would she have to be in here for.

"Yeah." She answered, walking closer to the door. "You're very pale Maddie." She said, looking at my face.

"Yes I am. I wish you didn't have to come in here, you're so young." I said.

"I'm scared Maddie, I don't want to die." She said.

"You're not going to die Lizzie, you'll make it through I know you will." I said, coughing up more blood.

"Maddie, you coughed up blood. Are you going to die?" She asked.

"I won't let the flu beat me. It's just worse for me since I'm pregnant and my immune system isn't how it was before I got pregnant but you're young, your immune system is stronger than mine is right now." I said.

"I hope everyone makes it through." She said.

"I hope so too Lizzie." I said. When Rick told me about someone feeding the walkers, I have a feeling it was Lizzie because she doesn't think they're dead. "Lizzie, I'm going to ask you something but don't think I'm accusing you of doing it okay?" I said.

"Okay." She said. I took a deep breath before asking the question.

"Have you been feeding the walkers? Because Rick and the others saw dead rats next to the fence." I asked.

"No I haven't." She said, before walking away.

I can tell she's lying but I can't prove it. I feel like it was her and now she probably thinks that I think it's her which I do but I can't let her know that. I sat down on the bed again and put my head in my hands, getting sweat on them. My forehead felt like a stove that was on but I ignored how hot it was. I already knew I had a bad fever. I saw Hershel come inside and I was wondering why.

"Hershel! What are you doing in here? You could catch it." I said, worried.

"I need to help everyone because Caleb is getting sick as well and he won't be able to catch up. I want to control everyone's symptoms and so I got some elderberries." He said.

"What does elderberries do? How is it supposed to help control the symptoms?" I asked.

"My wife made tea with them and it's a natural flu remedy." He said.

"How did you get it without going outside of the prison?" I asked.

"I went out into the woods to get them." He answered.

"By yourself?" I asked.

"No Carl came with me but don't tell his father." He said, walking away.

They're both supposed to be in quarantine. But I know I can't stop what's happening. Soon Hershel came back and gave me some elderberries to take.

"Are you sure they won't harm the baby?" I asked, scared to drink the tea he made with the elderberries.

"I don't know because there wasn't that much research to see if it's safe for pregnant women." He said.

"Then I can't take it because I don't want anything happening to this baby. I can't risk it." I said, giving him the tea back. "Give it to the ones that needs it more than I do. I'm sorry that I don't want to drink it but I can't risk something happening to my baby." I said.

"I understand Maddie. Daryl went to find antibiotics and hopefully he brings some that you can take very soon." He said, walking away.

I sat down on the bed and cried, worrying about everything that's happening.