83

"I've spent months alone in this church. If there was anyone in there, well, it'll be surprising." Gabriel said.

"Thanks for this." Carl thanked him.

"We found a short bus out back, it don't run but I bet we could fix that in less than a day or two." Abraham said. "Father here says he doesn't want it. Looks like we found ourselves some transport." He said. "You understand what's at stake here, right?" He asked Rick.

"Yes I do." Rick said, petting Judiths head.

"Now that we can take a breath-" Michonne started to say before Abraham interrupted her.

"We take a breath, we slow down. Shit inevitably goes down." Abraham said.

"Maddie is pregnant, she needs to rest for a little while." Michonne said. "And we need supplies, no matter what we do next." She added

"And before we got here, Maddie was getting dizzy most likely from lake of sleep." Rick said. "We'll need water, food, ammunition. And Maddie needs to rest so she can get her strength back so her and the baby can both be healthy." Rick said.

"Short bus ain't going nowhere. My sister needs her rest and it could take awhile to fix the bus." Daryl said. We walked inside with Rick helping me inside. He laid me down on one of the pews.

"Rest Maddie, you and the baby needs it." Rick said, kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes and I heard Rick talking to Gabriel. "How did you survive here for so long?" He asked him. "Where did your supplies come from?" He asked.

"Luck. Our annual canned food drive. Things fell apart right after we finished it. It was just me." He said.

I heard Carl take Judith because I heard him.

"The food lasted a long time. And then I started scavenging, I've cleaned out every place nearby. Except for one." He said. I opened my eyes and sat up. Rick saw but looked back at Gabriel.

"What kept you from it?" Rick asked him.

"It's overrun." He told him.

"How many?" He asked. I was looking back and forth between them and my eyes were starting to hurt.

"A dozen or so. Maybe more." He answered.

"We can handle a dozen." Rick said.

"Bob and I will go with you. Tyreese should stay here, help keep Judith and Maddie safe." Sasha said.

"That'll be okay?" Rick asked.

"Sure." Tyreese answered. "You ever need me to watch them, need anything for them, I'm right here." He added. I smiled at Tyreese, he's such a sweet person.

"I'm grateful for it. And everything else." Rick said, walking towards Tyreese.

"I'll draw you a map." Gabriel said.

"You don't need to. You're coming with us." Rick said.

"I'm not going to be any help." He said.

"You don't know that Gabriel." I said, standing up slowly.

"You saw me." He said, looking between me and Rick. "I'm no good around those things." He added.

"Gabriel, here's a tip for you." I said, walking closer. "If you come in contact with a walker, stab it in the head. That'll kill them." I said, standing next to Rick.

"You're coming with us." Rick said, looking at Gabriel. He nodded his head and Rick walked over to Carl. They started talking about something.

"I got a comfortable couch that you can lay on in my office." Gabriel said.

"Okay thank you." I said, starting to walk to his office. I laid down and rested my head on the armrest.

"Here's a blanket for you to use." He said, putting the blanket over me.

"Thank you." I thanked him with a smile. He walked out and Rick walked in a minute later. "Come to have a good time?" I asked, jokingly.

"Afraid not." He said, chuckling. "I came to see you to make sure you're going to rest." He said.

"I will dad." I said, then realized what I said. "Oops." I said, laughing with him joining along.

"And I also told Carl to help Tyreese keep you and Judith safe while we're gone." He told me.

"Okay but please be careful, I don't want any of you getting hurt." I said.

"Don't worry Maddie, we'll be okay." He assured me. "Now we have to go, I'll be back soon." He said, kissing me.

"Okay. Love you." I said, smiling.

"Love you too." He said, kissing me again. He then left with the others and I decided to get some shut eye. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.