89

It was soon nighttime and I was playing with Judith by tickling her which made her giggle.

"Does that tickle sweetheart?" I said, tickling her more. "You're adorable, you know that?" I said, leaning down and kissed her forehead.

I heard the church door opened and I saw Gabriel walk outside with Michonne. I heard the door open again and I saw Gabriel walk back in but he looked scared.

"What's wrong Gabriel?" I asked him.

"There was rustling outside in the woods. Michonne is checking it out." He told me.

I hope it's nothing bad. The door opened and Daryl walked in. I handed Judith to Carl and walked towards him. I hugged him tight and he did the same.

"I'm so glad you're okay Daryl, I thought I had lost you." I said, my head against his chest. "I missed you." I added.

"You can't get rid of me that easily Maddie." He said, pulling away. "I won't leave you and my niece or nephew." He said.

"Your niece or nephew don't want you to leave before they meet you." I said, smiling at him.

He kissed the top of my head then we walked to the front of the church. We laid down and slept until it was daytime. Sasha was busting up the pews while Tyreese was taking apart the organ with Daryl helping him. I was outside with Judith in my lap.

"Do you like it out here sweetie? I love coming outside in the sun, just looking at the woods which I spent most of my life when the world didn't look like this." I said, bouncing her up and down with my leg. Everyone was doing something to make the church more safer. Daryl walked past us and started putting the metal parts that was part of the organ into the ground in front of me. "Sweetie, look who it is. It's Daryl. I know you love Daryl, but who doesn't?" I said, catching Daryl's attention.

"Everyone loves me." He said, crouching down in front of us. "So Maddie, Rick told me you've been feeling dizzy for a few days. Are you okay?" He asked, looking at me.

"I'm fine, it's just the way it was before." I told him.

He nodded his head before standing up and getting back to work. When they finished, a group decided to go get Carol back. Rick went in front of me and hugged me.

"We'll be back as soon as we can Maddie." He said, looking at me.

"Please be safe. All of you." I said, hugging Rick. "Don't worry about us, we'll be okay." I said.

"We better get going." Rick said.

Daryl walked over and hugged me before they all left. Soon it was just me, Michonne, Judith, Carl and Gabriel. Michonne handed me Judith so her and Carl can board up the doors. Judith started crying and I was bouncing her up and down in my arms.

"It's alright sweetie, your daddy will come back soon." I said, walking to the front of the church still bouncing her until she stopped crying. "There you go sweetie. Let's get you in your bed for your nap." I said, laying her down in the basket we had for her.

When Carl started banging a nail into the board, Judith started crying again. I picked her up again and bounced her until they finished boarding up the doors. I saw Gabriel trying to get the dried up blood off the floor and I walked over to him.

"Gabriel. You won't be able to get the blood out, I'm sorry." I said. "If continue scratching at it like that, you could make your fingers bleed." I said.

No matter what I say, he's not going to stop trying to get the blood out.