23

I heard what Carl did, going by himself to the infirmary. That was a dangerous stunt he did.

"Carl, I need to talk to you." I said. We walked outside and stopped once we were away from the door. "I heard what you did yesterday when we were helping those prisoners." I said, looking at him.

"What? Are you going to get mad at me too?" He asked, getting an attitude.

"You have to see it from your mother's point of view, you could've gotten bit or killed." I said. "I understand you wanted to help Hershel but going to the infirmary by yourself wasn't the thing to do, you should've told somebody where you were going and maybe one of them would've went with you." I continued. "And telling your own mother to get off your back was not right and Lori was watching out for you and you go and shout that at her? She's trying to keep you safe and she's worried about you and I'm not trying to tell you what to do but if you had a child, you weren't want them going somewhere by themselves that could be dangerous. Hershel got bit and he was in a group and just imagine what your mother and your father will go through if they lost you, they'll be broken." I said. "Do you understand what I'm saying?" I asked.

"But she didn't have to yell at me!" He shouted.

"She shouted because she was scared that she could've lost you. You don't have any kids so you don't understand what a parent will go through if they lost a child." I said. "Look I'm not trying to be bossy, I'm trying look out for everyone and your mother is pregnant and she shouldn't have any more stress than she already has." I added.

"I guess I understand." He said, walking away from me and went back inside.

I went to the fence and looked at the field we stayed at the first night. I heard someone walking up to me. I turned and saw Daryl making his way to me.

"I heard Carl yell, what happened?" He asked.

"I guess you can say I was scolding Carl for going off to the infirmary by himself." I replied. "And I know I shouldn't get involved in it but I couldn't just sit back and see Carl treating his mother like that." I quickly added.

"I understand that Maddie but Rick will handle it." He said.

"I know." I said. I turned and saw Rick and Lori talking on the bridge. I smiled faintly and me and Daryl walked back inside.