74

It was now daytime and I've been awake for two hours. I was keeping my eyes on Rick and his eyes, well eye, opened. I walked to him and helped him sit up.

"We were worried that you wouldn't wake up." I said.

"I'm sorry I worried you both." He said.

"Don't apologize but you scared the hell out of Carl when you fell off the couch and reached towards him." I said. "But I'm going to tell you something but don't tell Carl that I did." I said.

"Okay." He said, waiting for me to tell him.

"He was crying because he was scared he had to shoot you." I told him. "And he also said something to me that hurt me but I'm not going to let it get to me." I said, looking down.

"What did he say?" He asked.

"It's not that important." I said, faintly smiling at him. I gently put my head on his shoulder and saw Carl waking up. I walked away and gave Rick and Carl some alone time to talk. I walked outside and looked around. I saw someone or something walking this way. From where I am, I can't tell if it's a walker or not. They got closer and I saw that it was Michonne. "Michonne?" I said.

"Maddie, thank god you're still alive." She said, smiling at me.

"Thank god you're alive as well, Rick and Carl is inside that house talking about things." I said, smiling back. "Let's go inside, they'll be happy to see you." I said. We walked inside and they turned their heads and saw Michonne next to me.

"Hey." Michonne said, smiling at them.

It's been a few days and Rick was looking much better than he did a few days ago. He can open his other eye and move around more normal without the limp. Michonne and Carl walked out to find things that we would need, leaving me and Rick alone. We were in the bedroom upstairs just relaxing on the bed.

"Rick, I'm glad that you're still here. I don't know what I would've done if I ever lost you." I said, looking at him.

Before he was able to speak, we heard noise downstairs and it sounded like someone breaking in.

"Shit. Get under the bed Maddie." He said.

We both got underneath the bed and stayed there. A man came inside and looked around then laid down on the bed, making the mattress hit our backs. We were trying to stay quiet to not alert him that we're here. Rick was about to get out of under the bed when another man came in.

The two men started fighting for the bed and we scooted over slightly. One of the men fell to the floor in front of us and he saw us but couldn't say anything because he was getting choked. I put my hand over my mouth to help keep me quiet. The man soon died and the other man got on the bed harder, pushing us against the floor and I was praying to god that it didn't hurt the baby.

We heard the man snoring and we started to slide out of under the bed. My shoulder touched the mans foot and I turned slightly and we both slid out. We started to leave but someone else started to come up the stairs. Rick grabbed my hand and slowly pulled me into a room and had me hide against wall out of sight. The man came into the room and threw a tennis ball against the wall but didn't come inside, thankfully. He walked out of the room and me and Rick sighed in relief quietly.

We heard the men starting to yell at each other and went downstairs. Rick grabbed a trophy that was on the dresser to use it. We went to the room and saw the mans gun on the bed but before Rick was able to grab it, the man was coming back to get it. We went into a room and Rick closed the door. We turned and saw a man sitting on the toilet. Rick started to choke him until his body fell limb.

Rick got the gun off of him and looked at the door. He quietly opened the window and looked down. I can tell he was scared of me going out the window from the second floor but I assured him that I'll be fine. We got on the roof with Rick helping me out and heard the men talking again and they were getting closer. I turned and saw Rick putting on a jacket. He helped me down off the roof and we walked away from the house. We saw Carl and Michonne walking this way.

"Why are you both out here?" Michonne asked.

"A group of people walked in the house." Rick told them. "Now we have to find somewhere else to go." He said. We then started walking down the road.

"Rick." I said.

"What is it?" He asked. I looked behind us and saw Michonne and Carl conversing with each other.

"You look even more handsome with that jacket on." I told him. He smiled at me and I smiled back.