131

"Now we're gonna work this out right now, and it's going to go our way." The woman said.

"You can see we have one of yours. We'll trade." Rick said.

I was aiming my gun and looking through the scope trying to find where they are but couldn't because of the trees.

"I'm listening." The woman said.

"First I want to talk to Maggie and Carol, make sure they're alright." Rick said.

"Rick, it's Carol." We Carol say through the walkie. "I'm-I'm fine, but-" She said, before we couldn't hear anymore.

"Rick, it's Maggie. We're both okay." We heard Maggie say. "We'll figure thi-" Maggie started to say before her voice went away.

"You have your proof. Let's talk." The woman said.

"Alright, this is the deal right here. Let them go and you can have your guy back and live." Rick said.

"Two for one, that's not much of a trade." The woman said.

"You don't have another choice or you would've done something about it already." Rick said. "Look I know you're talking it over. It's a fair trade. Just come out, we do this, we all walk away. Do we have a deal?" He said.

"I'll get back to you." The woman said.

"Could you find them Maddie?" Rick asked.

"I can't see that far in the woods because of the trees but I'll try again." I said, putting the scope to my eye and examined the woods. I saw movement in the woods but couldn't tell what it was.

"Anything?" Glenn asked.

"I saw some movement but I couldn't really tell what it was. It could've been anything." I said, putting the gun down.

We went in the woods where I saw the movement and found a trail and followed it. We found a spot where a fire was and went in that direction We came up to a building and opened the door, aiming our guns on it. Once the door opened, we saw Maggie and Carol on the other side.

"Maggie." Glenn said, when he saw Maggie.

Me, Gabriel and Rosita went farther with our guns out and found two dead walkers then we came back but still aiming our guns in the direction they came from.

"You okay?" Daryl asked Carol. "You start a fire?" He asked her.

"Yeah." She answered.

"Hey, you good?" Daryl asked, making sure.

"No." She said.

"Come here." Daryl said, pulling her into a hug. Glenn and Maggie was talking and I put my gun down and turned around to look at Rick.

"Your friends are dead. No one is coming for you. So you might as well talk." Rick said.

"Let him burn." Daryl said.

"I'm going to ask you one last time...how did you get the bike?" Rick asked him.

"We found it." The man said.

"Like hell you did." Daryl said.

"We found it." The man said again.

"Was Negan in that building last night or was he here?" Rick asked.

"Both." The man said. I saw him smirk but he was trying to hide it from Rick.

"I saw you smirk, why did you smirk?" I asked. He didn't answer and just smirked again.

"I'm Negan shithead." The man said. "There's a whole world of fun that we can talk about, so let's have a chat." The man added.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this." Rick said, before shooting the man. While he was speaking, I was putting the pieces together in my head.

"Wait Rick, somethings wrong about this situation." I said, grabbing their attention.

"What is it Maddie?" Rick asked.

"Okay if Negan is the leader of the Saviors who's so feared, why would he let himself get captured so easily? It doesn't make any sense." I said. "There's no way the leader of the feared group would get himself captured like that. I don't think he would even show up at these places, he just has his henchman do it for him." I added. We all soon left and I was still thinking about.