77

"So how long has this place been here?" Daryl asked. I stayed near Daryl and Rick because I felt safer around them.

"Until almost the start." Alex said. "Peoples camps got overrun, they started finding this place. I think it was instinct, you know. Everyone ended up here." He added.

"Hi." A woman, who was cooking, said. "Heard you came in through the back door, smart." She said. "You'll fit right in here." She added.

"Hey Mary, can you fix each of them something?" He asked her.

"Okay." Mary replied.

"Why do you let people in?" Michonne asked.

"When more people become a part of us, we become strong." He answered her. "That's why we put up the signs." He said.

I looked at Rick and saw that he was looking around and I did the same thing. I saw one man wearing armor that was at the prison and another person wearing a poncho that Daryl had. That means that the others are here as well but where are they?

Alex started handing us a plate of food but for some reason I didn't want to eat it because I feel like something is wrong with it. Rick hit the food out of Alex's hand and reached in his pocket and pulled out a watch that looked like Glenn's watch that Hershel gave him. Rick pulled his gun out and aimed it at his head. I threw the food down and the others did too. I pulled my gun out and aimed it at everyone.

"Where did you get this watch?" Rick asked Alex. He was hesitating to answer him.

"You want answers. You'll get them when you put the down the gun." Alex said.

"I see your man on the roof. I know when I do, he'll shoot." Rick said. "Where did you get the watch?!" Rick asked again but louder.

"Don't do anything!" Alex shouted. "I have this!" He shouted again. "Just put it down! Put it down!" He shouted, making the man with the rifle put his rifle down. "You outta listen to me. There's a lot of us." He said.

"Where did you get the watch?" Rick asked.

"I got it off of a dead one. Didn't think they needed it." Alex said.

"What about the riot gear? The poncho?" Rick asked.

"We got the riot gear off a dead cop. Found the poncho on the clothes line." Gareth said, behind us.

"Gareth, we can wait." Alex said.

"Shut up Alex." Gareth said, glaring at Alex.

"You talk to me not him." Rick said.

"What's there left to say?" Gareth asked. "You don't trust us anymore." He said.

"Gareth—" Alex began to say.

"Shut up." Gareth said.

"Gareth." Alex said.

"It's okay. It's okay. Rick, what do you want?" Gareth asked.

"Where are our people?" Rick asked. Gareth was looking at me then back at Rick.

"You didn't answer my question." Gareth said.

Rick turned around fast, still holding onto Alex. We all then started shooting and started making our way out with Rick helping me run faster. Wherever we ran, they shot the ground and we went inside a building and headed for a sliding door but they closed it.

"Over here!" Daryl shouted.

We ran to the door but found it locked. We ran to another door and went through after finding it unlocked. We ended up back outside. We continued running until they shot the ground in front of us, making us go a different way. I turned and saw a cage full of human bones with meat on them. These people are eating people. I knew there was something wrong with the food.

We ran through a sliding door back into a building and continued running. We came to a room with candles everywhere and they were all lit. To be honest, it was creepy as hell.

"What the hell is this place?" Daryl asked, looking around.

"These people. I don't think they're trying to kill us." Michonne said.

"I think they're trying to lead us somewhere." I said.

We ran to a door but they closed it then we went to another door and we went back outside. We were running straight until they shot at us again and made us turn. We headed to the fence but came to a stop because we saw more behind the fence aiming at us. We turned and saw Carl facing us and his back is facing them and he was scared to turn around.

"Drop your weapons! Now!" Gareth shouted. "Now!" He shouted again. We did as we were told and put our weapons down. "Ring leader, go to your left to the train car go! You do as we say the boy goes with you, you do anything else he dies and you end up in there anyway!" He shouted. Rick did as he was told and walked to the train car. "Now the archer!" He continued. Daryl then walked to the train car. "Now the samuri!" He shouted. Michonne followed behind Daryl. "Now the pregnant woman!" He shouted. I walked to the train car and was standing behind Michonne. "Stand in front of the door! The ring leader, the archer, the samuri and pregnant woman. In that order!" He exclaimed.

"My son!" Rick shouted.

"Go kid!" Gareth shouted. Carl started making his way to us. "Ring leader! Open the door and go in!" He shouted.

"I'll go in with him!" Rick shouted back.

"Don't make us kill him now!" Gareth shouted.

Rick opened the door and we all began to walk inside then someone closed it once we were all inside.

"Rick?" We heard a familiar voice.

We turned and saw Glenn and the others walking forward and some we haven't seen before.

"You're here." Rick said, looking at them.

"They're our friends." Maggie said. "They helped save us." She added.

"They have." Daryl said. "You're friends are ours." He said.

"For how long that'll be." The tall red-haired man said.

"No." Rick said. "They're going to feel pretty stupid when they find out." He said.

"Find out what?" The red-haired man asked

"Find out what?" The red-haired man asked. We all looked at Rick, waiting for him to respond.

"They're fucking with the wrong people." He said. We all agreed with him. These people don't know what they got themselves into.