141

We were still at the area and I stood up and saw Maggie walking to Glenn's body with Rick trying to convince her that we have to take her to Hilltop.

"Take everybody and go back to Alexandria! I can get there by myself!" Maggie shouted.

"You can barely stand." Rick said.

"Just go!" Maggie shouted. "You were out-out here for me." She said.

"We still are." Rick said, before Maggie started crying again.

"I can make it now. You all need to go back. I can't have you out here. I can't have all of you out here anymore." Maggie said, walking away from Rick.

"Maggie...we're not letting you go. Okay?" Michonne said.

"You have to." Maggie said.

"It's not going to happen." Rick said.

"I'm taking her. I'm going to get her there. I'm going to keep her safe. I'm not giving you a choice." Sasha said.

"I'm taking him with me." Maggie said, going to Glenn. I walked over and stood beside Rick. He looked at me and hugged me, I started crying into his shoulder tightening my grip around him.

"Go on and help Maggie Rick, she needs help with his body." I said, looking at him. He nodded then walked over to her.

"Please let us help you. He's our family too." Rick said. Maggie stood up and hugged Carl.

I walked over when they let go to pick Glenn's body up

"Come here Maggie." I said, opening my arms for her. She walked over and hugged me and we stayed like that until Glenn's and Abrahams bodies were on the truck. Once they were on the truck, I walked over with Maggie and helped her inside. While Sasha was taking Maggie the Hilltop, the rest of us went in the RV. I sat in the passenger seat and Rick got in the drivers seat.

I looked out the window and saw a walker eating what was left where either Glenn or Abraham was, which made me cry more. We started moving and I put my head against the dashboard.

We were soon back at Alexandria and when the RV came to a stop, I got out not waiting for anyone. I went to the house and saw Olivia in the kitchen but ignored her and went upstairs and saw Judith and Liam in their cribs. Judith was asleep but Liam was awake.

"Hi Liam, did you miss mommy?" I asked, forcing a smile and picked him up. I sat in the chair that was in the room and had Liam in my lap. "You're not going to see uncle Daryl for awhile buddy, I know how much you want him but he's not here." I said, feeling a tear roll down my cheek.

I heard someone walk inside and saw that it was Carl. He looked at me and smiled slightly. I stood up and put Liam back in his crib and walked to Carl. I hugged him and he hugged me back. I was starting to cry but I was trying to hold it.

"I'm scared Carl. I-" I said, before I cried.

"We all are Maddie but we'll get through this and we'll get Daryl back." He said, rubbing my back.

"I can't go through anymore deaths, I just can't. I don't know what I'll do if I lost ever Daryl. He's the last brother I have left and I don't want to lose him. I don't want to lose you, Rick, Liam, Judith and everyone else. I just can't. I would break into pieces and probably do the same thing I did when Merle died and I don't want to go through that again. Everyone I care about and love are dying. I want it to stop Carl. I can't take it anymore." I said, crying harder. He rubbed my back to help soothe me.

"We won't let anyone else die Maddie." He said.

"I know but I'm just getting tired of everyone dying. Negan is far worse than everyone else we've ever dealt with before. Negan is making it look like the Governor wasn't that bad. I'm scared of what he's going to do." I said, looking at him with tear stains on my cheeks.

"I know and I would trade Negan for the Governor but we can't. Believe me I didn't like the Governor but at least he didn't do what Negan is doing." He said. "But I saw the way Negan was looking at you.
He looked like he wants to take you to where him and his men are. I don't anything happening to you because you've always been there for me. No matter what I was going through, you were always there and you still are. I know I shouldn't say anything like this but you're more of a mother to me than my real mom was." He told me.

"And you're always there when I need someone to talk to. You're a sweet boy Carl, your father is lucky to have a son like you. I'm pretty sure Liam will want to be just like you when he grows up." I said, smiling a little bit. "You made me feel better Carl. Thank you." I said, hugging him.

"Anytime Maddie. You know you can come to me about anything, no matter what it is. And I'm happy that you and my dad are together." He said.

"I know I never said this to you Carl but I'm going to. I love you." I said.

"I love you too Maddie. Now my dad is worried about you because you didn't wait for anyone. He was going to come in here but I told him I would come talk to you." He said.

"Thank you again Carl." I said, smiling.

"No problem." He said, walking past me to get Liam since Judith is asleep. I walked downstairs and saw Rick sitting on the step outside the house. I took a deep breathe and walked out.

"Rick." I said. He looked at me and quickly stood up and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry I didn't wait, I just wanted to be alone for a little bit but when Carl came and talked to me, he made me feel better. I should've waited for you but I was too sad to say anything. Hell I cried into Carl's shoulder because I was so scared and I still am." I said.

"It's alright Maddie. I was going to talk to you but Carl wanted to be the one to talk to you." He said.

"He's a good boy and I told him that I love him. As a son obviously and he knew that and he said it back." I said.

"Yeah he is." He said.

"I even told him that Liam is most likely going to want to be like him when he grows up, he already looks up to him." I said, pulling away slightly and went on my tippy toes and kissed him.