81

"Tara, you want to know something?" I asked.

"What is it Maddie?" She asked, curious.

"When I first met Rick, he was in a sheriff uniform and I found it hot but I couldn't have him then. I guess you can say I had a huge crush on him. But can you blame me, I mean just look at him he's handsome." I said, looking at Rick's backside.

"He is handsome but I'm not interested in men." She told me.

"Oh really? Am I hot?" I teased.

"You want the truth?" She asked.

"Of course I do." I replied, waiting for her to tell me.

"I found you smoking hot, well you still are but you're with Rick." She told me.

"Someone has a crush on me! Yeah!" I shouted, without trying which caused everyone to look at me. "What?" I asked, trying to hold in a laugh.

"Are you okay back there Maddie?" Daryl asked, laughing.

"Can't I not be happy if someone has a crush on me?" I asked, laughing.

"Rick has a crush on you but you're already dating him." Daryl said. Everyone started laughing at what was going on.

"She's mine Tara." Rick said, making us laugh even more.

"I'm not going to steal her away from you Rick, don't worry." Tara said, laughing. We continued walking until it turned dark.

"Since we're relaxing for a bit, I have to do something." Rick said, walking to me. I looked at Daryl and it looked like he already knew what he was going to do. "Maddie I already asked your brother and he gave me his blessing." He said, getting on one knee in front of me. I felt tears building up in my eyes and I put a hand over my mouth. "Will you marry me Maddie?" He asked. Everyone was watching and they all had smiles on their faces.

"Yes! Of course I will marry you Rick!" I replied.

He slid the ring onto my finger and stood up. I quickly hugged him and he hugged me back. He made me look at him and he placed his lips against mine and kissed me. Everyone was sitting around a fire except for me and Carol.

"Congratulations on your engagement Maddie, I knew you and Rick belonged together." She said. "And you have an excellent father little one." She said, looking at my stomach.

"You're like a mother to me Carol so they'll have a grandmother." I said.

"And you're like a daughter Maddie, even when I first met you. You're a wonderful woman Maddie and Rick is lucky to have you." She said, hugging me.

We walked to the fire and sat down. I was between Rick and Daryl. I put my head on Rick's shoulder and without realizing, I fell asleep.