176

It was dark out and I was outside but making my way to the house. I heard groaning coming from the direction of the trailers. I always carry my gun with me even with the crutches. I squinted my eyes and I was pushed down to the ground by a walker. I held the walker up and grabbed my gun and shot it in the head. I crawled backwards away from the other walkers, coming towards me. I aimed my gun and killed another walker. Another walker climbed on top of me and I went to shoot it but the gun got knocked out of my hand from the walker hitting hit with its arm.

I couldn't get a grip on my knife without risking the walker biting me. I flipped the walker onto its back and quickly grabbed my knife and plunged it into its head. I looked and saw walkers going inside the house. I crawled and grabbed my gun and started shooting them. I heard talking where the group of Saviors and Gregory are being held. I turned and saw Henry in the fence with them. I limped my way over to him.

"What are you doing? Get out of there." I said.

"No, I need to find out which one of them killed my brother." Henry said.

"How do you know it was one of them? And now is not the time to be worrying about that, there's walkers going into that house and killing the people in there. Do you want them to die?" I said. When Henry was about to answer, one of the Saviors got bit. "Son of a bitch!" I shouted.

I aimed my gun at the walker and killed it and also killed the Savior that got bit since there's no way we can save him. The long-haired man tackled Henry and took his gun. I went to shoot him but he shot me between my neck and collarbone, making me fall to the ground. The group of Saviors escaped and I turned but didn't see Henry. I stood up and limped to the house, holding the gunshot wound and put a bit of pressure on it. I saw Rick and Daryl at the top of the stairs. I fell to the floor, most likely grabbing their attention.

"Shit! Maddie!" Daryl shouted, running to me with Rick following him. "What the hell happened?!" He asked.

"The S-Saviors escaped. O-One of them sh-shot me and H-Henry was with m-me...but when I-I turned to g-get him, he wasn't t-there a-anymore." I said, coughing blood.

"Fuck!" Daryl shouted. I was going in and out of consciousness. "Let's get her upstairs so Siddiq can help her since the doctor is dead!" Daryl said to Rick. He nodded and picked me up and brought me upstairs to the room me and Rick is sleeping in. He saw Siddiq.

"Siddiq, Maddie needs your help! She's been shot!" Rick shouted to him. He ran in with us and came beside me. I looked at him and everything went black.

Rick's POV:

I was holding onto Maddie's hand, praying for her to make it through. Daryl was sitting in the chair across from the bed. I can see the tears in his eyes from the thought that his sister could die. The tears in my eyes were already making their way down my cheeks. I can't lose Maddie too, I need her here with me.

"The surgery's done but she will might be unconscious for awhile." Siddiq said. "But she will live." He said.

"Thank you Siddiq." I thanked him. I stayed next to Maddie and Daryl stayed in the chair and we both fell asleep, waiting for Maddie to wake up.

Maggie's POV:

I went outside with a few others and I saw Alden kill a walker. He saw us and put his hands up.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"They didn't say where they were going just ran." Alden said.

"And you didn't?" I asked.

"I saw what we meant to Negan and Simon. Which might be a dumb thing to say and doesn't make us worth much to your people but those of us who chose to stay, stayed." He said. "We had plenty of chance to run." He added.

"Did you see who shot my friend in the neck? Because her husband and brother wants to kill him because she could have died." I said.

"I didn't see who it was but I'm sorry about your friend." He said. I sighed while looking down.