84

I woke up to people talking and I got up and went outside. I went to the back and saw Rick talking to Carl. I had the feeling of throwing up. I ran to the edge of the woods and threw up.

"Are you okay Maddie?" Rick asked, walking next to me.

"Yeah it's just morning sickness." I said, standing straight again. "I haven't thrown up in awhile until now." I said, chuckling. "So how was the run?" I asked.

"We went to the food bank and saw walkers in the water then went into the water killed them and brought back a lot of food." He told me. "I had to save Gabriel from a walker that he most likely knew before all this." He added.

"I saw the carts of food, that was more than I thought there would be. And I guess it's understandable to have difficulty killing someone you knew before but that don't mean I wouldn't do it to keep myself alive." I said.

"Dad, Maddie you might want to see this." Carl said. We followed him and saw scratches on the wall meaning was trying to get inside and he took us around the corner showed us something else that was on the wall.

"YOU'LL BURN FOR THIS."

We were now inside and it was dark out. We were getting food to eat like it was a feast and I was sitting on the floor next to Rick while he had Judith on his lap and she was feeding him. Everyone had wine, well, except for me since I'm pregnant, Judith obviously because she's a baby and Carl since he's not old enough to have any so we had grape juice.

"Ooh, give me-ah." He said, opening his mouth and Judith put food in his mouth which made me smile.

" He said, opening his mouth and Judith put food in his mouth which made me smile

"Adorable." I said, smiling.

"I'd like to propose a toast!" Abraham said. We all stopped talking and listened to him. "I look around this room...and I see survivors. Each and every one of you has earned that title. To the survivors." He finished.

"Survivors! Cheers!" We all said at once and drank some of our drink.

"Is that all you want to be?" Abraham asked, grabbing everyone's attention again. "Wake up in the morning, fight the undead pricks, forage for food, go to sleep at night with two eyes open, rinse and repeat?" He said. "Cause you can do that. I mean, you got the strength. You got the skill. Thing is, for you people, for what you can do, that's just surrender. Now we get Eugene to Washington and he will make the dead die and the living will have this world again. And that is not a bad takeaway for a little road trip." He said, looking at Rick. Judith made a little noise and leaned against Rick's chest and he kissed the top of her head.

"Eugene what's in D.C?" Abraham asked him.

"Infrastructure constructed to withstand pandemics even of this fubar magnitude." Eugene said. "That means food, fuel, refuge. Restart." He added.

"However this thing plays out, however long this takes for the reset button to kick in, you can be safe there." Abraham said. "It's much safer for us than when this whole thing started. Come with us and save the world for that little one and the little one that's growing in Maddies belly. Save it for yourselves. Save it for the people out there...who don't got nothing left to do but to survive." He said. Everyone was quiet and I put my head on Rick's shoulder just looking in front of me. Rick then chuckled. Judith tried to say something but it just came out as baby language.

"What was that?" Rick asked Judith. I smiled at her little look. "I think she knows what I'm about to say." Rick said, making us laugh. "She's in. If she's in, I'm in." He said.

"I'm in too." I said. Rick turned his head and kissed the top of my head.

"We're in." Rick said.

"Yeah." Tyreese said.

"Let's do it." Abraham said, with a smile on his face. We all cheered and Judith joined in by giggling, which we all found cute. Rick walked over to Gabriel and sat down beside him and started talking to him.

"Hey Carl, you wanna see who can finish their drink faster?" I asked him.

"I bet I'll finish mine before you." Carl said.

"Bet." I said. "On three. One, two, three!" I shouted, chugging my drink down in one gulp and put the cup down. "I beat you." I said.

"How did you drink it in one gulp?" He asked, shocked.

"I've had a lot of practice before but with alcohol." I said. "But not all at one time or else I would've gotten drunk and I never did." I quickly added.

"I still don't know you all drink that stuff." He said, shaking his head.

"We get used to it even though I haven't had any since the CDC." I said, laughing. I suddenly had the urge to throw up again. I quickly went outside which caught Rick's attention. I let it all out and straightened up again. I turned and saw Rick walking outside. "I wish nausea wasn't part of pregnancy." I said, chuckling.

"But it's all worth it. You get a beautiful bundle of joy." He said.

"That's true. I'm happy I'm having yours and no one else's. I hope that didn't come off as mean." I said, looking at him.

"It didn't." He said, pulling me closer and kissed me, lovingly.

"Dad since we're in a church and there's a priest, don't you think he can marry you and Maddie?" Carl said.

"That is a good idea. What do you think Maddie?" Rick asked.

"I agree it's a great idea." I replied with smile plastered on my face. We walked back inside and walked to Gabriel.

"Gabriel, is it okay if you marry me and Maddie?" Rick asked.

"Yeah I can." He said, grabbing a bible. After about ten or so minutes and after some people were crying, me and Rick were married