66

I was feeling worse, if that was possible and Hershel came in looking more worried than ever. He came over and looked at my eyes and by the expression on his face, I knew it meant something bad.

"Her eyes are bloodshot." Hershel said. "Lizzie, go get me some water. We have to bring her fever down to at least slow the progression." He said.

Lizzie ran out to get the water. I was having more difficulty breathing but Hershel told me to take slow, deep breaths to help.

"Here's the water Hershel." Lizzie said, running in. Hershel felt the water to check if it's the right temperature before getting something wet and putting it on my forehead.

"I'm getting worse, aren't I?" I asked, with a raspy voice.

"You are Maddie but we'll do everything we can to keep you and everyone else alive." Hershel said.

A few hours later, I heard yelling outside the cell block door. My cell door then opened and Hershel walking in with a bag.

"What are those Hershel?" I asked, before coughing.

"It's antibiotics for the flu. Here take this, don't worry it's safe for pregnant women." Hershel said, handing me a pill and a cup of water. I took it and handed him the cup.

"How long do I have to take it?" I asked.

"A few days until all your symptoms goes away and you start getting better." Hershel replied, before walking out of the cell. I laid back and closed my eyes since I was tired.

Daryl's POV:

"How was she before I came back?" I asked, worried.

"She fainted but she woke up but Lizzie said that she doesn't look so good, worse than she already was." Rick told me. "Hershel said if you didn't get back with the antibiotics soon, she wouldn't make it because she was getting weaker." He said, looking down.

"The antibiotics better work." I said, walking out and went outside. I don't want to think about a world without Maddie in it. I need her here with me.

Rick's POV:

I walked out and thought about how I'll tell Maddie that I had to banish Carol from the prison. She admitted to me that she's the one who killed and burned Karen and David. Maddie is close to Carol and I'm scared of how she's going to react to the news.

I didn't want to do it but I needed to protect Judith, Carl, Maddie and my unborn child. I needed to protect everyone here and once they hear what Carol did, I don't think they would want her here. I sat down on the step and just got lost in my thoughts.