57

I was just sitting, trying to figure out what I could do when I saw Carl and Patrick making their way down to where Lizzie and Mika was with some of the other kids. Carl looked mad about something so I walked down there.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"They're naming the walkers." Carl told me. "They're dead." Carl said, looking at Lizzie.

"They're not dead, they're just different." Lizzie said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Carl said.

"Watch your mouth Carl." I said.

"Sorry Maddie." He apologized. "Look they don't talk and they don't have feelings. They eat people, they kill people." Carl told her.

"People kill people." Lizzie said.

"Have you seen what happens when they die?" Carl said.

"Yes I have." Lizzie said.

"They're not people and they're not pets. Don't name them." Carl said. Lizzie then walked away with the other kids. "Can you believe her? How can she not see how dangerous they are? And why can't she see that they're dead?" Carl said.

"It's alright Carl as long as she's not letting them inside." I said. "But I'm not saying that I like what she's doing either, it's just that she's not harming anyone by just naming them." I added. "So Patrick, are you going to story time because I might go? You know because of the baby in my belly." I said.

"Yeah I'll go." Patrick replied. "Yes I go to story time. I'm immature." He told Carl who was smirking. "Well, I'm heading back up there. I'll catch you later." He said, walking away.

"Let's head back up there as well because your dad wants you to be at story time too." I said, knowing what he's going to say.

"But that's for kids and I'm not a kid." Carl said. "I'm 14." He said.

"I knew you were going to say that." I said, laughing. "But Carl, you have to enjoy being young as long as you can because once you grow up, you can't go back to being young. Trust me I wish I was younger but I'm not. I'm thirty years old and I feel old." I said.

"You are old." He said.

"How dare you?! I am not old I just feel old damnit." I said, turning away from him acting offended.

"You're way older than me." He said.

"Only by sixteen years!" I said, laughing.

He laughed along with me and we started walking back to the prison with him going somewhere else while I went to story time.