101

The gate started opening and we started walking in. Rick had his arm around me to make sure I don't fall even though I assured him I wasn't but he didn't want to take that chance. We heard a trash can get knocked over and a possum walked out then Daryl shot it and killed it. To be honest, it scared the hell out of me. Another person showed up and Daryl chose that time to speak.

"We brought dinner." Daryl said, making me laugh slightly. He's funny without even trying to be. The man looked at us weird, well, more like looking at Daryl weird for picking up the dead possum.

"It's alright." Aaron told the guy. "Come on in guys." He said, looking at us.

We followed them inside and I was looking around the place and I've got to admit, the place looks beautiful and cleaner than the other neighborhoods we saw before. Once we were all inside, the gate closed.

"Before we take this any further, I need you all to turn over your weapons." The man in the green pants said. "Stay, you hand them over." He added.

"We don't know if we want to stay." Rick said, making me go behind him when he saw the man look at me.

"It's fine Nicholas." Aaron said.

"If we were going to use them, we would've started already." Rick said.

"Let them talk to Deanna first." Aaron said.

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham asked.

"She knows everything you'd wanna know about this place. Rick, why don't you start?" Aaron said.

We then heard a walker outside and Rick turned and looked at it.

"Sasha." Rick said. Sasha turned and shot the walker in the head. Rick turned back to Aaron and Nicholas. "It's a good thing we're here." He said. We then started walking, well, following Aaron.

Aaron led Rick into a room and told him that she'll be there soon. Me and the others had to wait.

"You like my hair don't you Judith?" I said, looking at her. She was playing with my hair again then pulled it again but harder. "Ouch. You little booger." I said, laughing. "You're lucky you're so cute." I said, letting her play with my hair.

"She loves you Maddie." Carl said.

"I can tell by how many times she's been trying to pull my hair out of my head." I said, causing him to laugh. "Can I keep my hair please Judith?" I asked. I saw a woman walk into the room with Rick.

After a little bit, it was my turn to go in there. I handed Judith to Carl and walked inside. The woman motioned me to sit down and I did.

"I'm Deanna Monroe." She introduced herself.

"Maddie Grimes." I said, adjusting in the chair a little bit.

"Are you married to Rick Grimes?" She asked.

"Yes I am." I responded.

"Are you expecting?" She asked.

"Yes I am. I'm seven months in." I answered.

"Congratulations." She said, smiling.

"Thank you." I replied.

"What were you before?" She asked.

"I was a part-time worker at a grocery store and when I wasn't working I hunted with my brother." I answered.

"Have you killed anyone Maddie?" She asked.

"Yes but only when they were trying to kill me or anyone that's in my group." I said.

Once we all finished, we had to give up our weapons which I didn't want to but had to if I wanted to stay here.

"They're still your guns. You can check them out when you go beyond the wall but if you're inside here, we store them for safety." Deanna said.

I was holding Judith and she started babbling in her language. She then started playing with my hair again. I think she's obsessed with my hair.

"Both of them?" Rick asked. Me, Rick and Carl were standing in front of two houses.

"At your disposal." Aaron said. "I'd call dibs on that one." He added, looking at one of them. "It's got more curb appeal. Listen, I know you're still feeling us out but I'm glad you came. Anyway, Deanna asked everyone to give you your space so they aren't all coming at you all at once. Take your time, explore. If you need anything, you call me. I don't—we don't have phones. I meant I'm four houses down." He said.

"Thank you." Carl said. Aaron started walking away and we walked to the door. Rick slowly opened the door and we went inside. I saw picture frames on the table next to the door and I walked into the living room. Everything was clean, tidy and beautiful. Carl turned the water on and we all smiled seeing the water was working.