Banquet

Hat: Difficult, very difficult. I didn't expect you to close your mind, but despite the little I've seen, I can say that you are brave, yet not reckless. You need a good reason to face danger, so Gryffindor isn't for you. You are hardworking, but only loyal to those you choose, and if someone becomes a burden, you won't hesitate to leave them behind, so Hufflepuff isn't for you. You are intelligent and seek knowledge, but you yearn for power, so Ravenclaw isn't for you. This ambition will lead you to do whatever it takes to achieve your goals. I only saw such ambition over 50 years ago, and even though I still have some doubt about sending you there, it is my duty to sort you, so it better be... SLYTHERIN.

This time, the Slytherin table did not applaud. Everyone, upon hearing the surname Uchiha, knew he was not a pure-blood wizard; some Slytherins identified him as a Muggle based on the clothes he wore at King's Cross station.

This same thought passed through the minds of pure-blood students from other houses. Although they did not discriminate based on blood purity, they did not trust any Slytherin, as Slytherin only produced dark wizards.

Others saw this as a punishment for Slytherin, which idolized blood supremacy. Having a Muggle-born at their table made the other students wear mocking smiles.

Sasuke ignored this and sat down at the Slytherin table.

Minerva: Ginny Weasley.

Hat: Hahaha, another Weasley. I know just what to do with you... GRYFFINDOR.

The Gryffindor table erupted in applause again, even whistling, since she was the sister of the Gryffindor prankster heroes, the Weasley twins.

Minerva: Madeleine Yaxley.

Hat: SLYTHERIN.

The Slytherin table clapped once more.

Madeleine went to the Slytherin table but chose not to sit near Sasuke. She preferred to sit on the other side.

Sasuke didn't mind. He didn't want to socialize.

McGonagall tapped her goblet lightly to gain everyone's attention.

Minerva: Your attention, please.

Dumbledore: Let the feast begin!

Many students were amazed when food appeared on the empty plates before them.

Everyone at the Slytherin table began talking, completely ignoring Sasuke. They thought he was unworthy of being in the house. Sean, who was closer to Sasuke, spoke so loudly that he could be heard.

Sean: You know why Gryffindor won the House Cup last year? It was because the great Harry Potter supposedly gave a tip about the Dark Lord, but Draco claimed he showed no proof.

Astoria: Yes, my sister told me that Dumbledore, using that claim, gave 170 points to Gryffindor. That's why they won.

Sasuke: It seems that old man has a preference. I personally don't understand how a conspiracy was stopped without any proof. That doesn't make sense. - He thought.

Madeleine: I heard they let him onto the Quidditch team due to favoritism from Professor McGonagall, since first-year students can't play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the teacher's table:

Minerva: I'm worried, Albus. Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley have not shown up yet.

Dumbledore: Don't worry, Minerva. I'm sure they are fine and will appear shortly.

Just then, the Bloody Baron approached them.

Baron: Professor Snape asked me to inform you that Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley are with him in his office.

Dumbledore: It's a shame I won't be able to eat the cake.

Minerva: Come on, Albus.

The two left the Great Hall through the door near the table to go to Professor Snape's office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 minutes later

Dumbledore, Snape, and Professor Minerva returned to the Great Hall. Once all the students stopped eating, the food vanished from the plates.

Dumbledore: Now, before we go to sleep, we will sing the Hogwarts anthem.

Sasuke: Seriously, an anthem? What a waste of time. - He thought.

HOGWARTS, HOGWARTS, HOGGY WARTY HOGWARTS,
TEACH US SOMETHING PLEASE,
WHETHER WE ARE OLD AND BALD
OR YOUNG WITH SCRAGGLY LEGS,
WE HAVE HEADS THAT NEED IDEAS,
FOR THEY ARE EMPTY AND FULL OF AIR,
DEAD FLIES AND FIBERS OF COTTON.
TEACH US WHAT IS WORTHWHILE,
MAKE US REMEMBER WHAT WE'VE FORGOTTEN,
DO YOUR BEST, WE'LL DO THE REST,
WE'LL STUDY UNTIL OUR BRAINS FALL APART.

The anthem ended to Sasuke's relief, who was annoyed by it.

Dumbledore: I think it's time to sleep so we can be fresh for tomorrow. Goodnight, everyone.

The house prefects began to call the first-year students to their houses. The Slytherin prefects were Abel Rosier and Gemma Farley.

Gemma: This way, first years.

As they walked, Sasuke noticed that the route he was following was going down, indicating that they were headed toward the castle's dungeons. He also noticed that the Hufflepuff students were following them, suggesting that their common room was also in the dungeons.

Sasuke memorized the route they were taking. He knew he had to explore the castle to learn all the alternative routes and secret passages to move around more quickly.

Sasuke noticed an intersection where the Hufflepuff students parted ways from Slytherin. After descending for 30 minutes, the first-year students saw that at the end of the corridor, there was no door, just a stone wall. Abel approached the wall.

Abel: Pure blood.

Abel said to the stone wall, which began to open, revealing the entrance to the Slytherin common room. Abel and Gemma entered the room along with the first-year students.

Abel: To enter our common room, you need to say the password to that wall. The password changes every fortnight and will be posted on the notice board.

Gemma was showing the notice board to the first years and warned them never to bring students from other houses into the common room or reveal the password.

Sasuke was examining the common room. The place was large, underground, with stone walls and a stone ceiling. Several green lamps illuminated the environment. Through the windows, sea creatures could be seen, indicating that their common room was underwater. In front of them, under the carved fireplace, the fire crackled, revealing the silhouettes of some Slytherin house members.

Sasuke thought that the fireplace could be an alternative route to reach the room more quickly.

Abel: The boys will sleep upstairs on the right side, and the girls on the left side. All your belongings have already been taken there. The rooms are single and have their own bathroom.

While Sasuke was lost in thought, students from higher years approached him.

Student 1: Did you know there's an initiation ceremony for our house?

Student 2: It's a duel against the new students to see if they are worthy of belonging to Slytherin.

Student 1: And you don't have the right to refuse.