Quidditch

A week went by, and Hermione spent all that time lost in her thoughts. She hadn't told anyone that she had spoken with Sasuke.

Harry said goodbye to Ron and Hermione, as he had a meeting with Dumbledore.

Ron looked at Hermione, who was holding a book but seemed to be lost in thought. He thought she had finally encountered something she couldn't solve or had accepted that the Half-Blood Prince was better than her, which was why she was in this state.

Ron decided to finish his remaining tasks since the tryouts for the Quidditch team were approaching, and he needed free time to practice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

Ginny was deep in thought. She didn't know how to tell Luna about Sasuke, as every time she tried to, some obstacle got in her way:

1. During class, she couldn't say anything, as it would draw attention.

2. After class, she looked for Luna, but she was never alone. If she wasn't with Sasuke, she was with Zacharias, Astoria, or Daphne. Ginny wondered when her number of Slytherin friends had increased.

3. Other times, she was chatting with Draco Malfoy.

Ginny thought: I need to talk to her as soon as possible, but there's always an obstacle at school. The visit to Hogsmeade is in two weeks; I'll invite her to go together, so I can talk to her alone and make her understand the danger that Slytherin represents.

Ginny: Now, I need to train to make the Quidditch team. The tryouts start next week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, on the Quidditch field, the Slytherin students were trying out for new players. The captain of the Slytherin team was now Graham Montague.

Montague: As you know, we only have one spot open, and it's for a Chaser since our former captain and Chaser, Marcus Flint, graduated last year.

Sasuke: This year's trials will be different. They will be much harder.

All the hopefuls felt nervous, thinking about what they needed to do to get approved.

Montague: The trial will be in two stages: the first with me and the second with Sasuke.

Montague: All right, let's begin. Follow me.

Ten hopefuls followed him.

Montague: Only those who get past the goalkeepers and score at least five points will move on to the second stage.

Half went to the left with goalkeeper Miles Bletchy, and the other half went to goalkeeper Terence Higgs.

Two hours later, only four hopefuls qualified:

V: 3

VI: 1

Sasuke approached.

Sasuke: Congratulations on making it to the second stage. As you know, there's only one spot, but that doesn't guarantee that one of you will join the team. If you don't meet the minimum requirements, you're all out.

Everyone was worried by the emo's words.

Sasuke: Well, here's the challenge.

Sasuke: Whoever scores a goal against me will join the team. You have one hour.

The hopefuls and the other team members were surprised.

Sasuke: The test has already begun.

The hopefuls launched themselves at the emo, who easily dodged them.

Sasuke: Come on, what are you waiting for? - he said, spinning the ball on his finger.

The hopefuls decided to surround him and attack from all four directions.

As they charged, the emo threw the ball to the other side of the field. The hopefuls stopped their attack and ran towards the ball while pushing each other.

Hopeful 2 took the lead. He was excited, thinking he could get the ball, but out of nowhere, the emo managed to outmaneuver him and grabbed the ball.

Sasuke: Come on, you still haven't scored.

The hopefuls were furious at the emo and felt humiliated by the spectators.

They surrounded the emo again and charged. Hopeful 1 lunged forward to tackle him. Sasuke used his left hand to redirect Hopeful 1, making him fall to the ground. Hopeful 2 launched himself at the emo's legs, but he simply sidestepped, causing Hopeful 2 to kiss the ground.

Hopefuls 3 and 4 charged at the emo from the right and left. Sasuke waited until the last moment to leap backward, causing both to collide and bang their heads together.

Sasuke: That's enough. Come on, time is running out. - he said, twirling the ball on his finger.

The hopefuls sat on the ground, glaring furiously at the emo. Only one continued trying to get the ball; it was Hopeful 3.

Sasuke dodged easily; he was tired but kept trying until he collapsed to the ground, exhausted. The others didn't move.

Seeing this, Sasuke decided to end the trial.

Sasuke: It's over.

Hopeful 3: No, I still haven't scored.

Sasuke looked at the hopeful as he struggled to get up but was so exhausted he could only kneel.

Sasuke: The trial is over.

He turned to leave, but as he walked away, he turned back to look at Hopeful 3.

Sasuke: Hopeful 3, you passed.

Several people asked why he passed since he hadn't scored.

Sasuke: He was the only one who didn't give up. Before I forget, what's his name, Montague?

Montague: Owen Caldwell, from sixth year.

Sasuke: Owen Caldwell is on the team.

Montague: All right, the Quidditch tryouts are over.