Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff

Due to the breakup between Ron and Lavender, he had time to help Harry spy on Sasuke Uchiha.

Harry and Ron were struggling to find results; the Monster always reported his progress, but there was nothing significant. They excluded Hermione from their plans, knowing she would oppose them. She was busy trying to figure out what a Horcrux was in the Forbidden Section, given her authority as a prefect.

While reviewing the Marauder's Map, they occasionally spotted two Sasukes, but then one or both would disappear. They were also surprised to see Ginny sometimes appearing with Daphne, Luna, Zacharias, and Astoria, and occasionally including Sasuke. Ron, irritated, decided to confront her. Harry didn't try to stop him, as he too wanted answers about why she was hanging out with them.

Ron: Ginny, why are you hanging out with them? They're from Slytherin.

Ginny: They're not as bad as you think; they're my friends. And remember, it was Sasuke who saved me from the Chamber of Secrets, right?

Ron: You shouldn't associate with them. That house only produces dark wizards. If you don't listen to me, I'll write to Mum.

Ginny: Don't you dare! You have no right to interfere in my life. Do that, and I won't hesitate to curse you.

She drew her wand and pressed it against Ron's neck.

Ginny: Besides, I could write to Mum about the dangerous things you do with Harry and Hermione.

The next day, most students were at the Quidditch field for the match between Slytherin and Hufflepuff. The stands were filled with yellow and green; Colin Creevey was the commentator for this game.

On the Quidditch field:

Madame Hooch: Shake hands, captains! - she ordered as Smithy and Montague met.

Madame Hooch: Mount your brooms... - She put the whistle in her mouth and blew.

Creevey: THE TEAMS ARE ENTERING THE FIELD, WITH HUFFLEPUFF LINEUP AS FOLLOWS:

CHASERS: ZACHARIAS SMITH, TAMSIN APPLEBEE, GERALD CADWALLADER
BEATERS: ANTHONY RICKETT, RITCHIE COOTE
KEEPER: HERBERT FLEET
SEEKER: ARNOLD SUMMERBY

Creevey: HERE COMES THE SLYTHERIN TEAM, FAVORITES FOR THIS CUP, WHO MADE ANOTHER CHANGE TO THEIR LINEUP.

CHASERS: ADRIAN PUCEY, KEVIN BRETCHY, GRAHAM MONTAGUE (CAPTAIN)
BEATERS: MILES BLETCHLEY, CHARLES VALSER
KEEPER: DERRICK PENGRIM
SEEKER: DRACO MALFOY

Creevey: IT SEEMS SASUKE UCHIHA WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS MATCH; BOTH TEAMS HAVE A FIREBOLT.

And the match begins.

Hufflepuff with the quaffle, Zacharias Smith races across the field at high speed, easily passing Pucey and Bretchy. He finds himself alone in front of the Slytherin Keeper and scores, making it 10-0 in favor of Hufflepuff.

In the stands were Sasuke, Luna, Astoria, and Daphne, and curiously, Susan and Hannah.

Susan: Sasuke, do you think our team will win?

Sasuke: Anything can happen.

Astoria: Why didn't you play? With you, Hufflepuff wouldn't stand a chance - she said, glancing at Susan.

Sasuke: I want to see how much they've grown. You know we'll graduate soon, so they'd better start playing on their own and not rely on me.

Daphne: That's why you put the younger players in and only included two veterans.

Sasuke: Exactly.

Luna: Susan, do you know who the Firebolt belongs to?

Susan: We don't know. Zacharias showed up with it two weeks ago, but when we asked if it was his, he denied it and said it was borrowed.

Luna: Borrowed? – she said, looking at Sasuke. – You lent it to him, didn't you?

Sasuke: Yes.

Luna: But how, when you lent me yours for when we face Gryffindor?

Sasuke: I simply bought another one. Besides, I wanted them to play on equal footing. I thought he would use it for himself, but now I understand his strategy.

Hannah: What do you mean?

Sasuke: Their seeker is new and lacks experience, so to elevate his level, he lent him the broom, all while being able to keep close to Draco. Since the other players have experience, they're dominating the game easily.

Montague tries to turn the situation around, but the new players get nervous with each foul. Damn, Hufflepuff is strong. Sasuke was right; we should never underestimate them.

Smith goes again with the quaffle, but Montague approaches to block him. Smith passes to Applebee, who then passes to Cadwallader, who is in front of the Slytherin Keeper.

But Pucey is approaching from his side. Cadwallader throws the quaffle backward, and Smith receives it again.

Pengrim: Which way, right or left? Damn, Cadwallader is blocking my view. – he thought, and then the quaffle passes to the right and scores. 20-0 in favor of Hufflepuff.

In the stands, everyone celebrates, while Slytherin mourns.

Sasuke: I get it now.

Everyone looks at him, trying to understand what he means.

Luna: What did you figure out, Sasuke?

Sasuke: Cadwallader deliberately stayed in front of Pengrim. His goal was to block Pengrim's line of sight to delay his reactions and make it easier for Zacharias to score with the quaffle.

Astoria: But that won't work again, right?

But the score kept climbing, 90-30 in favor of Hufflepuff.

Sasuke: It's over.

Daphne: What do you mean?

Sasuke raises his hand and points to Draco, who is descending at high speed, followed by Summerby.

Draco: Come, follow me. – he thought while increasing his speed further, Draco executes the Wronski Feint, soaring upward at the last moment. But Summerby couldn't react in time and crashed to the ground.

Draco ascends and catches the Golden Snitch, securing victory for Slytherin.

Luna: How did you know?

Sasuke: It's the downside of blindly following. Draco tricked him into believing he saw the Golden Snitch, and at the last moment, he soared. He had everything calculated, but Summerby didn't, which is why he failed.