Spells

The bell rang, and everyone left the room feeling drowsy. Sasuke headed to the common room to drop off his things, as dinner would be later. He left the common room and went to the library.

Sasuke was reviewing books to continue his investigation. He still hadn't found anything that could help him return to his world.

The next day, he had Charms class with Ravenclaw. Once again, Luna went up to Sasuke so they could walk to class together. No Slytherin dared to say anything; they didn't want to have Sasuke as an enemy. Draco had already spoken to the older members of the house, telling them to simply ignore Luna.

Both of them left the Great Hall and headed to Charms class. Professor Flitwick, standing atop a stack of books, welcomed everyone.

Flitwick: Sasuke Uchiha, he said in his high-pitched voice, looking toward the person he called.

Sasuke stood up, looking at the professor.

Flitwick: Welcome, he said as he approached Sasuke and greeted him with a handshake.

After the greetings, the professor began the lesson. The topic would be the Summoning Charm.

Flitwick spent ten minutes explaining the importance of the Summoning Charm and mentioned that it would be on the exam.

He handed each student a quill, and they all tried to summon it to their hands.

Flitwick: The Summoning Charm is probably the most complex charm I've ever seen. So, don't be discouraged if you can't manage it. There's no rush, he said while walking among the students. Oh, he said, rushing toward Sasuke.

The quill on Sasuke's desk flew quickly into his hand with a flick of his wand.

Flitwick: Very good, Mr. Uchiha. Five points to Slytherin.

Luna was the next to successfully perform the Summoning Charm. It wasn't hard for Sasuke since he had already used the charm last year, but Luna performed it without any problems.

Flitwick: Well done, Miss Lovegood. Five points to Ravenclaw, he said enthusiastically.

By the end of class, no one else had managed to summon the quill except Sasuke and Luna. The students returned to their common rooms to drop off their belongings before heading to lunch in the Great Hall.

After lunch, Sasuke had Transfiguration with Gryffindor. He was the first to arrive and sat down to wait for both the professor and the other students.

Minerva: You are entering an important period in your magical education. Next year, it will be time for you to take your O.W.L.s, she said in her usual stern tone. Today's lesson will be transforming a quail into a guinea pig.

She brought out a cage full of quails and distributed them to the students.

Minerva: This is a very tricky Transfiguration technique. Be careful.

Sasuke managed to perform the transformation after two attempts. He executed a perfect transformation and earned 10 points.

By the end of the class, apart from Sasuke, only four students had managed the transformation, though theirs weren't perfect; feathers and the quail's beak could still be seen. The students were Colin, Ginny, Astoria, and Tiffany. Each of them earned 5 points.

Minerva was disappointed and assigned homework to everyone except Sasuke. They were to write a parchment on ways to adjust the Transfiguration spell.

The next Defense Against the Dark Arts class was canceled because Umbridge wasn't at Hogwarts.