Conditions

Hermione didn't know what to say. She was angry that he had asked for something in return for the information. At that moment, a group of girls entered the library looking for the emo. Sasuke quickly jumped out the window and hung onto the ledge, using chakra to stick his feet to the wall.

The girls searched for the emo throughout the library and left when they couldn't find him.

Sasuke climbed back into the library through the window and told Hermione that he would give her the information about the egg if she would be his partner at the dance. Hermione was irritated and said she wouldn't accept and didn't need his help.

Sasuke: The second task will be harder than the first. If he's not prepared, he could even die, he said as he watched her walk away.

Hermione returned to the common room, the emo's words echoing in her mind. Harry and Ron weren't investigating the egg because they were sure Sirius would be able to decipher it. The problem was that several days had passed, and he hadn't made any progress.

She was desperate because she couldn't decipher the egg on her own and remembered that, if it weren't for Hagrid, Harry might have died in the first task facing the dragon. She swallowed her pride and decided to accept the emo's offer.

The next day was visiting day at Hogsmeade. She decided to stay behind, making up the excuse that she was going to continue her investigation. She borrowed the Marauder's Map and used it to locate the emo.

Sasuke managed to push away his fans by saying he needed to focus on the second task. This was torture for him. All the girls at Hogwarts wanted to go to the dance with him. On one occasion, he was cornered by a group of girls and had to break a few hearts by telling them he wouldn't go to the dance with them. The girls cried and begged him for at least an autograph, which he reluctantly provided.

Hermione managed to find the emo alone and told him she would accept the offer.

Sasuke: It's not that I'm interested in you, but the other girls are really annoying, and I won't be able to relax all night, he said, entering an empty room with her. Did you bring the egg?

Hermione: Yes.

Sasuke: Well, he said, transfiguring a table into a bathtub. He asked her to help fill it up, and they both took their wands and used the Aguamenti spell to fill the bathtub.

Sasuke: Now you need to get into the bathtub with the egg and open it underwater.

As soon as she opened the egg underwater, a sweet melody could be heard:

Look where our voices seem to be,
We cannot sing on the surface,
And while you search for us, think well:
We've taken what you'll miss a lot,
An hour you must seek,
To recover what we've taken from you,
But past the hour—goodbye hope of finding.
Too late, it's gone; it will never return.

Hermione emerged from the bathtub, emotional, as she now knew what Harry would have to face in the second task.

Sasuke: Let's meet at the staircase at eight, he said, walking away.

Hermione: Why are you so sure I'll keep my word? she said as he walked away.

Sasuke turned to face her: You are an honest person, and I know you always keep your promises, he said, retreating.