New Semester

The next morning, Sasuke went to the Great Hall for breakfast, but upon entering, he noticed that there were few students present. Nevertheless, he headed to the Slytherin table.

Thirty minutes later

The Great Hall was now filled with students sitting at their respective tables. The tables were loaded with food, including eggs and bacon, French toast, oatmeal, and other breakfast delicacies.

Sitting next to Sasuke were Sean Avery, Theodore Nott, and Tiffany Selwyn.

Tiffany: Good morning, Sasuke! - She said excitedly.

Sasuke: Good morning.

Before Tiffany could say anything else, the Slytherin prefect, Gemma Farley, appeared.

Gemma: Second-year students, grab your schedules. - She said, handing a stack of papers to a second-year student, who then distributed them to the others. - Plan your time well so you don't arrive late to classes. Professor Snape won't forgive anyone who loses points for being late.

Sasuke examined the schedule he received. It wasn't much different from last year's. The only change was that he no longer had flying lessons.

His first class was Herbology with the Hufflepuffs in greenhouse two, and in the afternoon, Potions with the Ravenclaws.

He got up and walked towards the greenhouse along with a few other Slytherins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the greenhouse, Professor Sprout was waiting for the students, who were arriving slowly. As always, she wore a patched hat and was covered in dirt.

Once a group of five students had entered, she looked at the clock and began the lesson.

Sprout: Good morning, students. How were your summer holidays? - She asked.

Several Hufflepuff students smiled and began to respond to the professor's question, while the Slytherins remained silent.

Samantha: It was great, professor. I wish it hadn't ended! - She responded cheerfully.

Sprout: It's always nice to take time to relax, but it's also important to have time to study. We'll be together for six more years.

Some students smiled at the professor's words.

Sprout: Now, I want you all to grab ear protectors, an apron, gloves, and safety goggles from that table.

Once everyone had the protective gear, the professor touched the blackboard with the tip of her wand, and an image of a plant resembling a screaming baby appeared on it.

Sprout: Can anyone tell me what kind of plant this is and what it's used for? - She asked.

A few raised their hands. The professor pointed to the first student who had raised his hand to answer.

Sprout: Mr. Uchiha.

Sasuke: This is a mandrake. It's used to cure people who've been petrified, but it's also very dangerous. The mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it.

Sprout: Very good, Mr. Uchiha. Five points to Slytherin. - She said as the Slytherins smiled.

Sprout: These mandrakes are still young, so their cry isn't deadly yet. The most they can do is knock someone unconscious. Our task today is to replant the mandrakes into new pots. - She said, smiling.

Sprout: Does everyone have their ear protectors on? - She asked, looking around at the students. - All right, now pay attention. Grab the mandrake firmly and pull hard. - She instructed as a mandrake began to cry. - Then place it into the new pot and cover it with soil. - She added, smiling as she finished covering the mandrake.