] s i x feet under 5 [

summary: you meet him at church, he might just be satan | au

pairing: biker!bucky x reader

word count: 2016

warnings: smoking, mentions of religion, swearing

The sky was reminiscent of Bucky's eyes on the day that reunited the pair of you, a shade of deep blue that makes you contemplate everything: your thoughts, your feelings, life in general. The sky's so magically beautiful and enchanting you find yourself being taken away with it in seconds covering the Earth and feeling content - that's how it feels to stare deep in Bucky's stark sapphire orbs that seem to capture you, instantly.

His dreamy eyes are staring down at you with such an intense glare it feels like the sun beating down hard on your back in a barren desert. He's nowhere to be seen, you haven't seen him since that day at church but his face as beautiful and as angelic as an angel (the devil was once an angel, after all) is like a soft melody and it just won't leave your head. Every time you close your eyes, he's there and every time you open them his eyes are staring down at you from the sky, his signature devilish grin reflecting in his blue eyes.

The day feels like any other day of pining after a man every inch of your body and mind knows is wrong, what he did to Lillian haunts you but what you want him to do to you haunts you even more. No matter the case against him, you can't help but feel the heat that rushes over your body each time you moan his name in your sleep.

Your town is the epitome of every suburban cul-de-sac small town that leaves people feeling deeply unsatisfied but smiling on the surface. That's why you're here gazing up at the sky as if Bucky's going to materialise out of thin air, although it wouldn't surprise you, he has a quality to leave you surprised yet fulfilled. The town's fete is the star attraction, the only thing semi-interesting to happen in the place that you want desperately to run away from. It's not actually interesting to you until something truly scandalous happens but year after year it remains the same and you have no doubt that this year will be the same old song.

You're wrong, everyone's wrong.

Playing it safely goes out the door the moment you cast your eyes around the fete your attention momentarily swayed by the sound of children's laughter, you smile to yourself glad that someone is having a good time. By the time your gaze returns solely to the blue sky, it's gone. The blue has been possessed by a darkness that follows you, the sun that was once shining high in the sky no longer exists and time freezes in that moment. The more religious of the crowds might say it resembles the end of days, they might just be right.

A crowd forms behind you, you don't notice till you turn around to meet an uproar. Everything moves so fast you can barely comprehend what is happening but then you understand why the crowds are in a state of disarray. You swear you see an Eagle fly overhead as the rumbles and bellows of American muscle penetrates your ears, the sweet, sweet melody is back and it sounds even more award-worthy than before. You know as you look upon the outraged crowd things are suddenly going to take a turn and the man of both your dreams and nightmares will sweep you away.

In order for him to get to you, he has to see and as much as you can't stand seeing him after what you know, a part of you craves him that part of you is the part that propels you forward your eyes glancing at judgemental stares and looks of pure disgust. You ignore them as always even your mother who looks as if she's about to explode at the sight of you sprinting into the crowd, the belly of the beast to the man you've warned about countless times. Everybody's opinions of what you should do never once come into your mind as you make your way through the crowd.

"Y/N!" A yell pulls you from your mission and quickly you stop all eyes on you. You whip your head around quickly, painfully quick and look at your caller.