] attempts & guilt [

Could you write an imagine where the reader is Bruce's S/O and is constantly trying to get Damian's approval but he refuses to let her in and then one night he overhears her talking to Bruce about how much it upsets her?

Bruce Wayne x Reader

•••

You didn't think you were a bad person. You were a well liked person, one of the many reasons Bruce loved you. He was infatuated with your personality, you always managed to bring a smile to his face. A relationship had blossomed between the two of you, it was perfect. But there was one big obstacle that had popped in the way recently , well not that big, actually it was very small, Damian Wayne.

He did not like you at all. You understood that you weren't his mother, even though he wasn't a big fan of his biological mother either. Damian was not comfortable with his father being in a relationship, even if you two had been together long before he had walked into the picture.

The rest of the boys adored you, especially Tim, you had a soft spot for him. Another reason why Damian wasn't warming up to you. Jason always came to you to talk about his problems, you were like his mother, scratch that you were his mother just not biologically. Dick loved to annoy you but he acted like a baby when you were around, always searching for your attention.

But Damian, he did everything in his power to ignore you. You had tried talking to him about his interests, taking him out, playing video games with him, and you even went to all his award ceremonies at school since Bruce rarely went. You had tried desperately for him to like you, for him to accept you.

It had been putting you down lately, you wanted to make Damian a part of your family. You wanted him to like you and be comfortable around you. It didn't take long for Bruce to notice your depressing behavior.

"What's wrong?" You rolled over to face Bruce, "What do you mean?" Bruce pushed a few strands of your hair back, his eyes softening at your sad expression.

"I know you better than you know yourself, something's bothering you." You knew better than to lie to him, he would see through the lie in a second. He was a detective after all.

"Damian doesn't like me."

Outside the bedroom door a little someone halted their movements as they heard their name. Damian curiously put his ear to the door, wanting to know why his name was involved in a conversation.

"He doesn't like you?" Bruce urged you to go on, "I've been trying to get him to warm up to me since he's got here, but every time

I try to get closer to him he pushes me away. He can't even stand to be in the same room as me." You explained sadly, your eyes reddened at how hurt you felt.

Bruce began to console you but Damian, he felt horrible. No matter how much he wanted to hate you he couldn't, you were too much of an amazing person for him to dislike you. You had tried countless times to get to know him and it secretly had warmed his heart that someone cared so much, the someone had so much interest in him. But he had been selfish and rude, he had instead lashed at you and ignored your attempts.

Damian was mad at himself for not giving you a chance, you had welcomed him into your household. The kid who was your husband's son but nothing of yours. You didn't know he even existed until that point, but instead of judging and hating him you tended to all his needs.

Damian knew he had to make it up to you, he could here your choked sobs from outside the door. He walked towards Tim's room, something he would never do unless it was an emergency.

He knocked on the wooden door, "What?" Tim opened the door with a curious expression.

"I need your assistance, I've made a big mistake."