] sucker for pain. [

Summary: People will do anything to just feel something. They find out they are both so similar, doing whatever it takes to feel something, risking their lives on missions for the thrill of it. Bucky struggles to keep things between him and Y/n professional after spending the night together after a mission, he finally felt something and doesn't want to let it go.

"y/n get back to the jet now" Steve demanded through her ear piece.

"give me a minute, I've still got two of them to take out" she replied breathless as she was fighting off a man dressed all in black.

"not again" she heard Steve mutter under his breath. "y/n i'm going to tell you one more time" Steve warned "get back now, we need to go"

She was pushed to the ground roughly, hitting the floor with with a loud bang, mumbling profanities under her breath.

"what's happening?" Steve asked worried.

"it's nothing" she replied, trying to push the weight of the man who was now pinning her down to the ground, his hand wrapped tightly around her neck.

She struggled with him for a minute before being able to move her knee, jamming it upwards and hitting him in the most painful area. He groaned in pain, rolling to the side and allowing hr to leap up, reaching for her gun and shooting him.

"jesus y/n" Steve was mumbling.

"now coming Cap" she spoke "don't need to worry" she started running to where the jet would be.

She saw it up ahead of her, Bucky waiting at the bottom of the steps for her, helping her up when she reached him.

"you're gonna drive him crazy doll" Bucky spoke.

"he worry's to much, you know what he's like" she replied.

Bucky chuckled, shaking his head as she walked past him and further into the jet where Steve was waiting to tell her off.

"y/n" Steve spoke trying to be intimidating but it never worked.

"Captain" she said wiggling her eyebrows.

"what have I told you previously, again and again." he spoke.

"uh- I don't know" she shrugged knowing full well what he was referring to. "to stop teasing Bucky?"

"Y/n you have to stop risking your life more than you already do" Steve said. "I couldn't live with my self if I was to lose you under my supervision"

"you make me sound like a child" she mumbled hating how Steve was basically telling her off.

She walked over to the seats sitting down next to where Bucky was. He had been watching the conversation between y/n and Steve, curious as to why this always happened on missions, why y/n was so intent of making sure all people were dealt with even though it would risk her life even more.

He wanted to personally know why because sometimes he found himself doing it too. He found it thrilling, the adrenaline pumping through his body as fought others. It made him feel alive. It was a good feeling compared to the numbing pain he always felt.

It was silent as the jet flew them back to the Avengers tower.

"give me the run down" Tony spoke once they entered his lab, he was focusing on something under the microscope.

"well..." Steve started making Tony look up. "it went... fine"

"fine as in no problems?" Tony asked "or fine as in Y/n nearly got herself killed... again"

"the later" Steve spoke.

Y/n glared at him for always snitching on her.

"in my defense, I took out the last two people there, we couldn't have left them" she spoke.