] matter of question pt.3 [

Summary:

Time for Magneto to have a little chat with Captain America.

Jean looked back and watched Logan march the twins to the X-Jet.

What she did know was that they were more contrite over joining and acting for a neo-Nazi organisation when their father turned out to be a Holocaust survivor than anything else. She was appalled that Captain America had been back for three years now and no one had bothered to tell him what the Holocaust was. Shouldn't that have come up at some point?

But, more than anything, she was confused. Why did Magneto hand his kids over to us? She telepathically asked Xavier, careful to keep her shields up against Wanda.

Erik always knew there was something wrong with his mindset. He wouldn't stop it for the world, but he knew there was something wrong with it. That's why he kept his distance from them. He didn't want to contaminate them with his hatred and bitterness. Even now, he realises telling them that they shouldn't be hateful and bitter wouldn't help them when he is doing exactly that. He knows that I can set the children straight, and teach them not to be so vicious with their powers.

But I thought Magneto liked to get all the powers he could...

He likes to collect powers he deems useful, yes. But remember, Jean, these are his own children, not just troubled youths he found on the street.

That must have made a difference.

The Professor went on. Look at Logan, for example. Many presume him to be an animal, and he does have many characteristics of one. However, he has perfect control over his powers. Even in a Berserker Rage, he will not harm allies who happen to get in his way. He will always try to understand a situation before he attacks, even in self-defence. And he is not prone to assumption and petty revenge as these two are.

That was true. Logan was the best disciplinarian in the school - much to Scott's annoyance - and he was often the one holding down the emotionally compromised ones. There wasn't a single time when he didn't ask questions - except with soldiers. And even there the answer was simple: they're following orders. While Logan did use lethal force, it was never his first option.

...And...she supposed the twins being Magneto's own children had to count.

******

Bruce was honestly more surprised that a majority of the team had to be told Wanda was responsible for triggering the Hulk in Johannesburg. Tony had known instantly. Even this woman they'd never met - Lennie, she'd introduced herself as - had known it and she had never even met them. Hell, even Magneto had known and he, it turned out, was supposed to be in the category of "don't care". Lennie explained that too.

He cared because his daughter had caused extensive damage, injury, and loss of life for a mere distraction.

'In his book there are certain reasons you can do that kind of damage - but that isn't one of them.'

So Magneto was, technically, a bad guy - even if a self-aware one. Lennie had explained this when she'd sat down with them. She had asked them for the story behind Ultron. She'd wanted to know what'd happened from their perspectives. It wasn't something the rest of the Avengers had bothered with. As they talked through it, though, Bruce became more and more aware of what he'd overlooked before.

Ultron should have had no way of coming into existence.

They'd just finished when the fight did. Watching their father slap the twins and then read them the riot act was one of the most satisfying things he'd ever seen. If not, it was the other guy - Logan or the Wolverine - holding the Cap's mouth shut. The idea there was someone around stronger than Captain America was borderline amusing to be honest.