] the throne [

Requested: yep

A/N: the black panther soundtrack is on replay fuck with me

———-

He won.

The whole nation is rejoicing for their new king.

You were happy for Wakanda

You were happy for Wakanda. But you weren't that thrilled for T'challa.

"Stabbed. You got stabbed for being king. Does that mean I'll get to have my flesh cut too if I'm going to be queen?" you scoffed, wiping down the rest of the blood that dripped from his wounds earlier.

T'challa laughed, although he stopped just as soon as he did when he felt the pain in his wounds when he moved. "No, my dear. Being queen has a whole other ritual."

"Hmm." you pursed your lips, clearly not happy with the thought. "M'baku can have the crown if he ever challenges the queen's throne. I'm not going into ritual battle."

"I don't think M'baku will want a queen's crown, Y/N." He smiled, watching you tend to his wounds.

You weren't listening that much though. The thought of being queen someday have been inside your mind ever since the late King T'chaka passed and T'challa had to take up the mantle. Being an outsider, when you met T'challa, it never occurred to you that that could happen. All you knew was that you were lucky enough to have had a prince by your side.

But then your relationship got serious and both of you were happy about it. Truly. And you figured you would have a lot of time to fully be adjusted to their lifestyle. Until it all went too fast too quick.

"Y/N?" T'challa's voice brought you back to your senses.

You looked up at him. "What?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" you said, turning around to pick up some of the bloody bandages and discarding them properly.

"You didn't hear what I just said now, did you?"

You turned to look at T'challa and saw him smile softly, tilting his head as if teasing you. He is most definitely a king now but sometimes he still has the playful charm of a prince.

"Uhm. No." you admitted, walking over to him and securing the last piece of bandage to his chest, securing the wound tight.

"It's okay. It's not like I asked you to marry me or anything." he said, clearly joking.

But apparently not.

You chuckled at him, but stopped when he just looked at you like he was expecting an answer. "You're serious. You actually asked me that?"

He nodded. "Are you going to make me ask you again? Now that I have your attention?" he told you, teasing again.

"T'challa....I..." you whispered, a ghost of a smile coming up to your lips but your only stopping it because of the sudden thoughts in your head. Marriage. With a King. With T'challa.

"I promise you won't even have to fight M'baku for it."

"It's not that, T'challa. It's,,,the other tribes. Your people. The council. I'm an outsider. I am not a daughter of Wakanda and I don't have the right to the throne. Especially the throne of a Queen."

You stepped back, your mouth babbling on about whatever thought that popped on your head. Words just spilled out and you couldn't stop them. T'challa sighed and stood up from his chair, grabbing his shirt and putting it on carefully, making sure not to disturb his newly dressed wounds. He walked over to you and pressed a kiss to your forehead as his arms wrapped around your shoulders, pulling you close to him.

"You're panicking, Y/N." he said.

"Of course I'm panicking."

"It's not really the best answer a man can get when he just asked his love to marry him but...I understand."

You looked up at him, slightly embarrassed of your reaction. "I'm sorry. It's just....you're a king now. It all happened so fast."

T'challa nodded, his hands running up and down your back, calming you down gently. "I know, my love. You don't have to give me an answer now. Just remember that the people of Wakanda have already welcomed you. You showed them what a good person you are, and how kind and fair they've seen you to be. You respected us all and posed no threat to the peace. They love you, just as much as I do and will."

"I love you." you said, smiling up as you wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him down for a kiss. "You are already a great king. It would be an honor to serve beside you as queen, T'challa."